PDA

View Full Version : New Member been caught

Charlie Plesums
09-13-2004, 6:49 PM
Hey Charlie, you kinda' snuck in on us, there! Welcome to the Creek! In case you haven't figured it out yet, this is a super place to hang out! :D Now, seeing as to how you're a "semi-pro", that means we're going to be expecting LOTS of pictures from you! :DFeels kind of familiar - finding Jim Becker who I remember from the Wood Magazine forum, Kelly Hanna and Dave Arbuckle on Ridgid - and lots of new friendly folks. I have also been hanging out on Knots (Fine Woodworking Magazine) forum a lot lately. My background is 50+ years of hobby woodworking, but only a few years doing furniture rather than bookcases and cabinets. But my work has led to paid-for commissions rather than just gifts for friends and family. Way too many pictures and the long version of the story are on my web site at . Furniture making may become a "retirement" job :) in the not too distant future if I can get out of the computer consulting business!

Ken Fitzgerald
09-13-2004, 7:12 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Charlie! A lot of neat people here from varied backgrounds all with the love for woodworking and all willing to lend an opinion or ask for advice. Jump in the water's fine! Again.....Welcome!

Kelly C. Hanna
09-13-2004, 7:15 PM
Welcome to the best forum on the web!

Russell Svenningsen
09-13-2004, 7:24 PM
Welcome! You'll love it here. Great folks, just remember to post pics of projects and gloats or "Godzilla Padilla" will be after you! :D :D :D

Chris Padilla
09-13-2004, 7:52 PM
Hey, I resemble that remark and I think Tyler is more Godzilla-ish that me! :D

Jim Becker
09-13-2004, 8:06 PM
Welcome, Charlie! Good to see you here and I hope you enjoy this fine place. Now, I would be remiss if I also didn't mention the "picture police"...and you can start out by revealing that little hidden gloat in your other posts about a wide jointers as soon as you make your purchase. :D

Brad Schmid
09-13-2004, 8:32 PM
Welcome Charlie, glad you joined in!
Cheers,
Brad

Jim Ketron
09-13-2004, 8:51 PM
Welcome Charlie! This is a great forum to hang around, And very nice people here! Best on the net!!

Jim

Frank Pellow
09-13-2004, 9:14 PM
Welcome Charlie. I have learned a great deal from the members of this forum. The advice and encouragement that I recieve here is a very valuable resource, particularly during my current project which is to build a workshop.

I trust that you will find the members as friendly, interesting, and knowledgeable as I have.