PDA

View Full Version : THANK YOU from departed Woodworking buddy

Jerry Olexa
09-13-2004, 5:09 PM
My sincere thank you to ALL of you who showed your hearts and compassion during the recent loss of my shop companion "Beau". Its obvious to me many of you are "dog people" (as well as excellent woodworkers)and understand the deepness of these relationships. This is a great forum made up of great people, Your thoughts/expressions confirmed this. Thank you for that and for letting me be part of this forum!

(Wanted to be sure you All saw this. Also posted on "Off Topic" section)
Thanks again!! One last Beau shot in his memory:

Greg Heppeard
09-13-2004, 5:56 PM
My heart goes out to you...reminds me of my shop buddies... Cree and Tanner.

Chris Padilla
09-13-2004, 7:48 PM
Here ya go, Buddy...my best work yet...just for you and your companion! :D

Mike Cutler
09-13-2004, 8:11 PM
Jerry. Yep' I'm a dog person and a woodworker too, and when my vizsla Boone went I had alot of trouble keeping my composure( failed at it too), did the same thing 7 years later for Silkcut, and I'll do the same when my current vizsla Rush goes.
Both of my dogs have gardens planted on top of them now, and I still think of them often.
Thanks for the picture of "Beau". With eyes and a head like that, he looks like he was alot of dog, and a valued member of the family.

Rich Konopka
09-13-2004, 8:37 PM
Lets Make it a Shop Dog Tribute to Beau !!

Kelly C. Hanna
09-13-2004, 8:56 PM
Long ago I had a shop dog, but now it's a shop cat. I sure do hope your buddy is happy in the great shop in the sky, he sure looked happy here in the pic.

Carole Valentine
09-13-2004, 9:00 PM
Raven, my best friend!

http://www.esva.net/~pchousecalls/raven_opt.jpg

Bruce Page
09-13-2004, 10:12 PM
This is my "'Ol man" Buddy and his SWMBO Zoey.

John Olson
09-13-2004, 10:30 PM
My heart goes out to you. There was a time in my life when my dog was the only friend I had. So I know how attached you can be to these friends. So thanks for sharing and my heart is with you.

Kelly C. Hanna
09-13-2004, 10:53 PM
Carol, I love your pine floors! I can't wait to someday have floors like that in our log cabin!!

Carole Valentine
09-13-2004, 11:18 PM
Carol, I love your pine floors! I can't wait to someday have floors like that in our log cabin!!
Thanks Kelly, the guy who built this house took them from a barn on his old family place. I like the ones in my family home (built in 1683) better though. Those are true random width heart pine.

Brad Hammond
09-14-2004, 12:06 AM
jerry, my heart truly goes out to you. it's been about a year now since my parents had to let got their yellow lab. she was 13 and as you know a huge part of our family.

in the spirit of tribute to beau here's our two shop dogs. noah and silas.

brad

Denny Lawson
09-14-2004, 1:36 PM
My sincere condolences as well.

Here are my "bench dogs"......

Donnie Raines
09-14-2004, 2:17 PM
Great pix guys/gals!!!!!

Jack Diemer
09-14-2004, 2:36 PM
Here is SuzyQ, she is a Doxador..........half dacshund - half lab.............think about it.

Jerry Olexa
09-19-2004, 6:10 PM
Again, thanks for your responses. Its obvious to me, you are "dog lovers" and appreciate your/our faithful 4 legged shop companions. You also recognize the difficulty of "letting go" of your treasured helper. Enjoyed your pictures and appreciate your sincere thoughts. Beau and I again thank you!!

Dan Gill
09-20-2004, 9:45 AM
I have two, but they're not really good shop dogs because the power tools scare them. And my poor Chessie was afraid of my bench for a while because a clamp fell off on his head one day. Mostly they sit at the door and whine for attention.

Bob Oswin
09-20-2004, 7:42 PM
I am always saddened when I see posts like this:

Seems we have not been able to advance our understanding as far as we might like.

http://www.workshopbuzz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11460#11460