PDA

View Full Version : Wild Cherry Gloat

Bob Espy
09-07-2009, 4:53 PM
Here's what came from the two limbs of a storm damaged wild cherry tree. I still need to block up the trunk, it's 42 inches in diameter. There is another one laying down that is even bigger. :D

Bill Bolen
09-07-2009, 5:01 PM
Welcome to the board Bob. What a great way to jump into the crazieness! I'm sooo lusting after that Cherry! Perryville huh? Know any of the Duvall's out that way?...Bill..

ROY DICK
09-07-2009, 5:02 PM
Bob,
Holy cow what a gloat you heve going there.
Can't wait to see what comes out of that.
Load some up and come to Texas, and I will take some off of your hands.:D
Be sure to post some pics when you get one of those turned.
Thanks,

Roy

Paul Gallian
09-07-2009, 5:25 PM
A cherry that size had to see some real history. Maybe even the Mississippi river running backwards during the New Madrid earthquake.

Born in Cape Girardeau.. raised in Poplar Bluff... Perryville was a challenge playing them in football back in late 50s and early 60s... so long ago.

paul

Greg Just
09-07-2009, 5:28 PM
Nice haul Bob - that is a lifetime supply of cherry. I got some cherry from a tree in my backyard last year (not nearly as big as yours) and it turns really nice

Chris Rae
09-07-2009, 5:30 PM
Great score Bob! That should keep you going for awhile!

Steve Schlumpf
09-07-2009, 5:37 PM
Bob - WOW!!! My favorite wood to turn is Cherry and you hit the mother load! Congrats on that! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

alex carey
09-07-2009, 7:39 PM
Wow, thats a nice gloat, specially for your second post. Congrats and welcome.

Bernie Weishapl
09-07-2009, 9:08 PM
Holy cow that is a gloat. Congrats on a nice haul. Should keep ya busy for a day or two.

Richard Madison
09-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Please bring two loads to Texas, one for Roy and some for me too. Maybe we could round up some scruffy ole mesquite to trade so you wouldn't have to go back empty.