PDA

View Full Version : Birdhouse Ornaments - first attempt

Mike Minto
09-07-2009, 3:27 PM
Here are two birdhouse ornaments I made today, my first attempt, a rainy holiday off from work. The one with the red bird is walnut with a myrtle roof; the blue bird sits on one made from SA mahogany and a roof of unknown material. Birds from Michael's. Comments and critiques always welcome, enjoy! Mike

Skip Spaulding
09-07-2009, 3:46 PM
Very nice Mike , I know most people love them. They make great gifts. I think you will find you'll have a hard time keeping up with demand if your circle of family and friends is very large.

Greg Just
09-07-2009, 3:53 PM
Mike:

Nice bird houses. I like the contrasting woods and the shapes. One suggestion would be to use a smaller eye hook, otherwise they are great.

Bob Vavricka
09-07-2009, 5:04 PM
Mike,
You are ahead of me, I haven't made any birdhouses yet, but they are on my list. I really like the shape and the contrast of the woods on the one with the blue bird. I think I would like the other one better with a little more overhang on the roof. However, I would be more than happy to recieve either. :-)

Steve Schlumpf
09-07-2009, 5:44 PM
Look really good Mike! I turned a batch of these a couple of years ago (100 or so) and found that you could turn them so fast that they soon became addicting. Only wanted to turn a dozen or so and ended up with over 100 in real short order! So - be warned - they are addictive and folks really do snatch them up as soon as you turn them! Have fun with it!

Steve Pennington
09-07-2009, 6:07 PM
They look great. Hope to do some of these after I get better. Steve

Bernie Weishapl
09-07-2009, 9:27 PM
Well done Mike. They make great gifts. Those sell well for me. I sell about 50 or more from Thanksgiving thru Christmas.

Billy Tallant
09-08-2009, 2:06 AM
Birdhouses look great. Another item on my to do list one day.