PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Rowmark

Eric Seest
09-07-2009, 1:17 PM
I recently had a large order for some pieces to be engraved and cut out of rowmark, which went very well up to cleaning them and there I struggled well until the Boss stopped by (my wife). She gave me an eraser and said here clean them with this so I laughed and said anythings worth a try. Well believe it or not it was the easiest way to clean the rowmark. So I thought I would share this with any one that might need an easier way to clean rowmark. It is a Sanford Magic Rub 1954, she got them at staples. Hope this helps someone.

Garrett Nors
09-07-2009, 1:24 PM
I recently had a large order for some pieces to be engraved and cut out of rowmark, which went very well up to cleaning them and there I struggled well until the Boss stopped by (my wife). She gave me an eraser and said here clean them with this so I laughed and said anythings worth a try. Well believe it or not it was the easiest way to clean the rowmark. So I thought I would share this with any one that might need an easier way to clean rowmark. It is a Sanford Magic Rub 1954, she got them at staples. Hope this helps someone.

I've been using erasers on rowmark stock for a very long time...I think I may have even posted about it here before....no doubt a great way to go when cleaning up your product!

Joe Pelonio
09-07-2009, 4:19 PM
There have been several posts on cleaning the stuff before, and I think it was Keith that suggested the erasers. I find that it's faster to use a product that I have around anyway, because with multiple pieces of the same size I can stack them and clean lots of them at once. It's RapidRemover, by RapidTac, made for removing the adhesive after peeling vinyl lettering.
It does not cause edge crazing like denatured alcohol and other solvents.
It will attack the face of the Rowmark if left on a while and rubbed hard though so I use it only on the edges or to remove black smoke discoloration on the backs.