PDA

View Full Version : Scroll Saw Recommendations

Mickey Elam
09-13-2004, 3:44 PM
Well, I'm looking at buying a scroll saw. It would seem to be the best tool for making some templates for guiding a router to complete a project for Christmas. Since it's an idea my wife loves, I might get a new tool out of it!!!!!

Anyway, what would you all recommend for a new scroll saw that is first and foremost cheap, but not a waste of money. I don't need or have room for anything very large, and as someone who until the last couple of days didn't really see a need for one, I don't need anything super fancy or complex.

Thanks,

Mickey

Dick Parr
09-13-2004, 4:03 PM
Mickey, If you need to go cheep and still want something good then the best deal is the Delta 16" VS. I have seen it for under $100. I got the 2 speed when it first came out and love it. Wished I had the VS, but now would like to have more then a 16" throat. For that the best bet is the DeWalt.

Good luck and have fun with it. :D

Keith Christopher
09-13-2004, 4:07 PM
I have a DeWalt DW788 http://www.dewalt.com/us/products/tool_detail.asp?productID=104 And I love it ! Good Saw, the stand is kinda wobbly though, I would recommend building your own or shoring this one up a bit.

Keith

jeff Reynold
09-13-2004, 4:27 PM
I just bought the Delta SS350 with legs at Lowes for $129.00 on clearance. The regular price was about $200.00. They still have two here where I am. It runs very smooth and quiet and is variable speed. It also has a quick blade change system. I think for the money its hard to beat.

Joe Meazle
09-13-2004, 5:00 PM
I saw the same deal on the delta at the lowes here in town. I have herd good things about that ssaw. AWW liked in there review and that back when AWW was a decent mag. I have the Dewalt and got it on lowes close pout a few years ago. I l really enjoy using it even though I do not use it very offten

Joe