PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
09-07-2009, 8:51 AM
7 Sep 2009

Good Morning,
It's been a tough week at the day job and plus I traveled to Philly for yet another Disaster Recovery Exercise. At least at these exercises, I get to learn new ways of problem solving faster as well as showing how to quickly analyse a problem and quickly resolve the problem or implement a work around so as to keep the recovery moving forward. The good thing is that this one was a 100% Success and everyone was happy about it..even the customer. :)

No woodworking for me this weekend, just spending time with family and trying to see how I can learn to fix chairs that have loose joints and other problems as I have several people coming to me, wanting me to fix their kitchen chairs. I guess I'd better figure out how to fix chairs then huh?

Well, that's it for me.....Happy Labor Day Holiday to you all.

So what did YOU do this holiday weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim O'Dell
09-07-2009, 9:39 AM
Happy Labor Day!

I worked Sat. 8-12. Didn't do much that afternoon. Got the equipment staged to grind the floor in the guest bedroom for laying tile, IF we can find it. Ground and scraped the floor for 4+ hours yesterday. (Man, is my body telling me to quit this silly stuff this morning!!) Vacuumed up all the dust off the floor, walls and ceiling. Scraped the popcorn ceiling off the closet area that I failed to do when we did the paint in this room a couple years back. Got a coat of Kilz on it. After breakfast, I need to mix up some texture and spray and knock down the ceiling. After it dries, I think I have enough kilz to coat it again. Then the closet needs to be painted.
While stuff is drying, I need to rebuild the carb on the edger. The pump part of it is not drawing gas up to the carb. Then I need to mow the yard. Hopefully the LOML will edge if I'm successful with the edger. Then I'm going to crash and hope I can wake up, get up, and go to work tomorrow!!!:D Hope some of you are enjoying a cookout or something today!! Jim.