PDA

View Full Version : Worksharp 3000 Leveling

Prashun Patel
09-06-2009, 4:24 PM
I'm trying to make a box around my WS3000 so that I can use my honing guide to sharpen wide blades above the table.

THe problem is that my WS disc is not level to the base; it tilts front to back. It spins perfectly flat - just not in the plane of the base. I can shim the base, but I wanted to check if there's a better way to level the base....

- shawn

Prashun Patel
09-07-2009, 6:46 PM
Ok, I guess I'm alone on this one. For the next guy who has the same problem, there are three threaded rods that bolt the case to the base. Don't mistake these for levelers. They WILL alter the level of the base, but if torqued too much, they'll crack the base (DAMHIKT).

In the end, I bolted the base to a piece of melamine, and used washers to shim the base to the right level. Only took a couple to get it right...

Next, on to building the platform.

Mark Carlson
09-07-2009, 9:30 PM
Hi Shawn,

I bought the wide blade attachment when it became available. Its basically a table that you need to level and a honing guide. It sounds like your making your own table.

I like sharpening from above so much I don't even sharpen with the port from below any more.

~mark