PDA

View Full Version : Tilting Router Lift?

Johnny Pearce
09-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Does anyone make a router lift or table that allows the router to be tilted? A friend asked me about this, seems that he is currently using a shim to tilt the work piece and it is hard to keep it in a consistent angle. I am going to visit his shop on Tuesday to see his operation and project and will have more info then.

Jeff Willard
09-06-2009, 11:53 AM
IIRC, Woodhaven makes, or made at one time, a tilting router carriage.

Doug Shepard
09-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Woodhaven AngleEase
http://woodhaven.com/search.htm?keyword=angle+ease

Johnny Pearce
09-06-2009, 12:16 PM
I am always amazed at what can be obtained from the SMC people. The Woodhaven Angle-Ease is exactly what I had pictured in my head but being new to woodworking I had never ran across these or seen Woodhavens web site. Saved me a lot of time researching on the internet, so thanks again Jeff.
While I was responding to Jeff , Doug also came through and with the link. Thank you too Doug for taking the time to help a newbie and share your knowledge.
John

Colin Wollerman
09-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Wow, a tilting horizontal router. That is cool. With a miter sled you could do some great compond joinery. However, at that price you could have a wood rat or equiv. Is anyone using this thing?
C

Bruce Wrenn
09-06-2009, 9:27 PM
It wouldn't be too hard to add a tilting table to a horizontal router. Look at your disk sander for basic ideas on construction of tilting table. Sandor Nagyszalanczy's book "Woodshop Jigs and Fixtures" (Taunton 1994) shows such a set up on page 99. You could keep table flat, and tilt the router instead. This is my "go to book" for ideas on jigs.