PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Waterjet as seen on TV???

Casey Gooding
09-05-2009, 8:52 PM
Anyone out there tried the Waterjet I keep seeing on commercials on TV?? Normally I wouldn't give these items a second look, but this one looks interesting. Besides, it's cheaper than buying a replacement gun for my pressure washer.

Greg Peterson
09-05-2009, 9:11 PM
I've seen the ad. It's bogus. Watch what they're 'power washing'. None of the dirt or grime is stock or dried on. It isn't any more effective than your standard hose end water gun.

No passive attachment will increase the pressure coming out of your garden hose.

I vote for saving your money.

Bruce Page
09-06-2009, 12:07 AM
No passive attachment will increase the pressure coming out of your garden hose.

Yep, I’ve seen it too, it’s a simple matter of physics - if you need pressure washer level cleaning, buy the new replacement gun.
What you get out of a garden hose is what you get.

David Freed
09-06-2009, 5:46 AM
Ditto what Bruce and Greg said. If you look closely, the waterjet is just made out of stock items (pipe, valve, nozzle, and fittings) available at most hardware stores. The first time I saw that add, false advertising and scam came to my mind.

Cliff Rohrabacher
09-07-2009, 1:15 PM
You mean that thing with the "VOLUME REDUCTION TEKNOGLOGLOGIEE" ??

It's garbage, pure unadulterated garbage.

There is a possibility that the gadget might maybe cause the water to adopt a more uniformly laminar flow. HoweverI can't see that being much more potent than a regular garden hose nozzle.

David G Baker
09-07-2009, 1:39 PM
I soldered a small brass threaded nut and washer into the end of a 4 foot piece of 1/2 inch copper pipe to do my line pressure washing. It is amazing how much power this thing has. I originally made it to make a hole under a sidewalk using water pressure, it worked so well I use it for almost everything that needs strong water flow.