PDA

View Full Version : Worksharp 3000

Alvin VanBumble
09-05-2009, 1:32 PM
Does anybody have an opinion on the "Worksharp 3000" ? I have read some posts to the effect of scarry sharp on steroids or sharpening for dummies(thats me) to problems with the table wobling. Thanks, Alvin

harry strasil
09-05-2009, 2:00 PM
I love mine, old misused chisel needing everything, talkes longer to change the wheels than do the actual sharpening, about 10 to 15 minutes, start to finish.

Jacob Mac
09-05-2009, 2:02 PM
I love mine for chisels and some carving tools. I am not thrilled with it for sharpening plane blades (I have the wide blade attachment). But it is a pretty good product. And there is little to no learning curve.

glenn bradley
09-05-2009, 2:40 PM
I have it and love it. Lacking the sharpening gene that seems to come so easily to others, this machine was a god-send. I also have a scary sharp rig but it has not seen the light of day for quite awhile.

I don't have the wide blade attachment. I have no table wobble issues. I did have an audible 'thrumming' that did not transfer to the sharpening function. I called about it anyway. They walked me through a 1 minute procedure of loosening and re-tightening a couple nuts on the housing. Sound disappeared as they said it would.

Great CS; knowledgeable and friendly. Very happy with the unit. Rockler and Woodcraft (among others) have coupons or sales that make supplies very reasonable. Abrasives are long lasting if you don't try to use the course grit for a grinding wheel ;-)

Brian Penning
09-05-2009, 3:05 PM
Happy with mine also and would buy one again.

Dwayne Watt
09-05-2009, 4:16 PM
Mine was one of the best Christmas presents ever! I, too, have never had great results sharpening chisels and blades. With this tool my chisels slice through wood better than I ever achieved via other methods. I even started down the slippery slope of acquiring and using hand planes after receiving this tool. I still prefer power tools for most jobs but planes and chisels do certain jobs quicker and better than powered equipment. Now you will probably get a completely different type of responses on the Neanderthal forum regarding this tool, but I really like my 3000. It has allowed me to improve my level of woodworking skills.:)

Cary Falk
09-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I didn't know what a sharp chisel was till I got the worksharp. Now a sharp chisel is only about 2 minutes away, 5 if it is FUBAR. I can't say enough good things about this tool.

Larry Anderson
09-06-2009, 1:09 AM
Ditto to every response, I love mine. Didn't know what a sharp chisel was until I got my Worksharp.

Larry