PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone rebuild Makita Lithium (LXT) batteries?

Brian Elfert
09-05-2009, 12:22 PM
One of my Makita LXT Lithium-Ion batteries will no longer charge. The charger goes to error when I try to charge it. It has been charged probably hundreds of times so I think it had a good life. (I bought shortly after the LXT came on the market.)

Anyone rebuilding these, or do I need a replacement? I can't find a rebuilder in my onlline searching. I did find a generic replacement on Ebay for around $50 instead of the typical $99 or so for a genuine Makita replacement.

harry strasil
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't know if these people do or not, you can check.
http://mtobattery.com/store/page22.html

Brian Elfert
09-05-2009, 1:24 PM
I'll call MTO Battery on Tuesday, but it appears they do not rebuild Lithium-Ion.

Phillip Marsh
09-30-2009, 9:46 PM
Check with Voltman which did a great job on my Milwaukee Ni-cad battery packs. Lithium is trickier as they have overload circuitry to keep them stable.

mickey cassiba
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Had a sales rep in the shop this morning...said they rebuild any and all. I'll send the name when I get to work tomorrow. Seem to be a nation-wide outfit.
Mickey

Michael Heffernan
09-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Not sure how much a rebuild costs, but a 2 pack of the 18V 3.0 Ah battery goes for $133 on Amazon, or a single one for $70. FYI

mickey cassiba
10-01-2009, 9:27 AM
Had a sales rep in the shop this morning...said they rebuild any and all. I'll send the name when I get to work tomorrow. Seem to be a nation-wide outfit.
Mickey
The outfit is called batteriesplus. They are on the 'net.
I am in no way affiliated with them. They list Makita Ni Cad, and Li Ion.
Hope it helps.
Mick