PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Leonard Schroeder
09-05-2009, 2:19 AM
Hi Folks,

I just joined the forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I'm a retired USAF officer living in La Vernia, TX. My hobbies (other than woodworking) are being a grandparent, computers, occasionally - golf, and tinkering with woodworking tools.

I work in a 25' x 25' shop attached to our two car garage (actually storage facility right now). We live on three acres in the country with our yellow lab and local wildlife.

I've read many posts here and think I'll enjoy the group. Hopefully, I will be able to contribute something useful on occasion.

Best Regards,
Leonard

Sam Layton
09-05-2009, 2:37 AM
Hi Leonard,

Welcome to the Creek, it is a pleasure to meet you. This is a fine place, with outstanding people.

Sam

jim hedgpeth
09-05-2009, 2:43 AM
Welcome to the Creek Leonard.

You will find all kinds of helpful info and people here, I know I have. Just watch out for the bad influences around:D that will push you in to addictive behaviors. They are usually worse in the Neander area, and will offer all kinds of support for any bad habits (plane addiction, multiplying tool syndrome ect.) you catch while here.

If you have questions, comments, or just want to talk woodworking, you could not ask for a better group of people to talk to. They are all great around here.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Jim

Craig T. Smith
09-05-2009, 7:30 AM
Leonard, Welcome to the creek. I know you'll be happy here. There's alot of good info here. Wellcome, Craig

John Keeton
09-05-2009, 7:45 AM
Welcome Leonard! Just put your credit card # on file with LN, LV, Grizzly, and a host of other fine companies - and, sit back and enjoy the rippling waters of the creek!! Jim has already given you the customary warning on the Neander forum - dangerous people lurk there! Walk carefully into that dark abyss - and hold tight to the Ben Franklin's in your wallet!

Glenn Clabo
09-05-2009, 8:54 AM
Welcome aboard Leonard. Anyone with a yellow (or any color for that matter) lab get's a thumbs up.

If you have any questions...just ask...but to start off...you should know we like pictures!

David Christopher
09-05-2009, 9:26 AM
welcome to SMC, looking forward to seeing your projects. you have found a great place to make home, again welcome

Stephen Edwards
09-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the Creek, Leonard. Glad to have you aboard. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Walter Plummer
09-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Welcome! I have only been here a while myself but it is a great place visit and learn.

John Thompson
09-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Welcome and congratulations on retirement, Leonard. Normally I don't speak to officers but.. I suppose I will make an exception since you are a WW and you have a dog. That's excuse enough. :D

Seriously... pull up a seat and join right in......

Regards...

Don Morris
09-05-2009, 10:28 AM
Leonard, thanks for your service to our country. I put 30 in the "canoe club". Now building furniture for the family is one of my most enjoyable hobbies. I do more with machines but confess, I'm a little bit of a neander. Nothing wrong with learning how to use them. People here and on that forum can help you learn, answer questions...and spend too! Welcome Aboard!