PDA

View Full Version : Wine bottle label idea

Sheryl Haley
09-04-2009, 9:54 PM
I found a cool site that offered custom wine bottle labels engraved on flexible wood veneer then adhered to the label. I thought it was a very cool idea !!!

Sheryl Haley

Stuart Orrell
09-05-2009, 3:50 AM
Now thats a great idea. Thanks for sharing!
Do you know what type of veneer this is?

Scott Shepherd
09-05-2009, 8:48 AM
I thought that label was worded very funny.

"Your Husband, Brian".

Do you really have to remind her of your name? :D

Sheryl Haley
09-05-2009, 9:22 AM
The material is a flexible birch according the the site. The site where I found the label is engraveco

I thought it was a neat concept to share with all the Creekers.

Sheryl Haley

Bob Savage
09-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I thought that label was worded very funny.

"Your Husband, Brian".

Do you really have to remind her of your name? :D

I'm sure she'll have it memorized by their 20th. ;)

That's a great idea. How do etched wine bottles look? Probably time for a forum search.

Frank Corker
09-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Lol, it's amazing how many times I have had stuff and they word it similar, gentle whisper in the ear sees them right.

Dave Johnson29
09-05-2009, 11:08 AM
That looks like $15.00, 1.5L bottle, he can't love her too much as I am not aware of any really good wines that come in 1.5L. :D:D

Bob Savage
09-05-2009, 12:39 PM
That looks like $15.00, 1.5L bottle, he can't love her too much as I am not aware of any really good wines that come in 1.5L. :D:D

Well, to be fair, he had to remind her of his name, so... two buck chuck.

Dee Gallo
09-05-2009, 2:40 PM
Come on, guys! What ever happened to "it's the thought that counts"? It's better than a vacuum cleaner! I give the guy credit for trying to make his gift special - maybe that cheapo wine is her favorite, so he sprang for the nice label to supersize his gift.

:) dee

Bob Savage
09-05-2009, 3:08 PM
Come on, guys! What ever happened to "it's the thought that counts"? It's better than a vacuum cleaner! I give the guy credit for trying to make his gift special - maybe that cheapo wine is her favorite, so he sprang for the nice label to supersize his gift.

We're just having your typical guy fun, at the expense of others. No insult or harm is intended. I think it's a thoughtful idea and the text is probably better than what I could come up with.

I can see mine now: "Happy Anniversary. I couldn't think of anything you wanted, so here's a bottle of wine."

Tim Bateson
09-05-2009, 3:23 PM

I disagree Dee - I've tried that "it's the thought that counts". It didn't work! :o My wife wants real presents - preferably with gems stones in them. :eek:

Andrea Weissenseel
09-05-2009, 3:42 PM
lol - I like that "el cheapo" wine that comes in 1,5l bottles (in Germany you get Lambrusco in that size :D)

I experimented some with veneer and for a label like this I would do it with double sided adhesive on the back, since that stuff likes to break very easy. Christmas cards are a very nice idea with veneer but I haven't found out how they don't break if folded.

Andrea

Bill Cunningham
09-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Not being a wine drinker (wine 'should' taste like alcoholic grape juice.. but it don't:p) I would buy the best 'box' of wine I could find, and engrave the cardboard directly..:D

The wooden labels are a pretty slick idea though.. Looks like they may have some competition from several locations in the future.:( You won't even need a rotator, engrave it flat and stick it on.. I wonder if the heat glue on the back of some veneers would work on glass

Linda Kroeker
09-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Bob...here are some wine bottles that we did for a high school function...adults only!
Came out pretty good with gold rub n buff on logo & words...

Bob Savage
09-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Bob...here are some wine bottles that we did for a high school function...adults only!
Came out pretty good with gold rub n buff on logo & words...

Those look excellent! Thanks for posting the picture, Linda. This forum is giving me major Laser GAS (gear aquisition syndrome). In the meantime, I'm playing with Coreldraw, walking through the massive "Official Guide."

Steve Clarkson
09-08-2009, 8:45 AM
I'm actually partial to Dee's idea of an engraved vacuum cleaner........

Guess that's another reason I'm single......

Gary and Jessica Houghton
09-08-2009, 10:02 AM
Not being a wine drinker (wine 'should' taste like alcoholic grape juice.. but it don't:p) I would buy the best 'box' of wine I could find, and engrave the cardboard directly..:D

Wine from a box.... Oh no! I can offer you a better choice than that! And if you want alcohloic grape juice that stuff is made with everclear.

Sheryl,
I would love to know what settings you used to laser the picture on the label or was that picture one from the company? I tried some photos on veneer and I burned all the way through! I tried and tried and tried.
Next question to anyone out there... Is veneer the same as laser thins from laserbits? I have that stuff and have only played with the inlay factor. Very cool effects, but I really like the wine bottle label. I have probably etched 10 bottles in the last month for different customers.

Dan Hintz
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
I picked up one of those water carbonation bottles (well, it was a b-day present form Amy after constantly hinting I wanted one). Pour in your favorite choice of juices, add alcohol, engage CO2 cartridge, and viola! Instant carbonated flavored alky-hol :)

Mark Ross
09-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Well,

If the person has been married as many times as Elizabeth Taylor or Zsa Zsa Gabor, I could see having to put your name on it so they could remember what your name was.

George M. Perzel
09-08-2009, 4:25 PM
Hey Dee;
I used to think that "it's the thought that counts", but let me tell you about the time I gave my wife an electric weed wacker for our anniversary-even threw in a brand new 100 foot extension cord! Still hearing about it 42 years later....................
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Dee Gallo
09-08-2009, 4:36 PM
Oh George - that just PROVES the theory "it's the thought that counts"...

Sheryl Haley
09-08-2009, 5:26 PM
Wine from a box.... Oh no! I can offer you a better choice than that! And if you want alcohloic grape juice that stuff is made with everclear.

Sheryl,
I would love to know what settings you used to laser the picture on the label or was that picture one from the company? I tried some photos on veneer and I burned all the way through! I tried and tried and tried.
Next question to anyone out there... Is veneer the same as laser thins from laserbits? I have that stuff and have only played with the inlay factor. Very cool effects, but I really like the wine bottle label. I have probably etched 10 bottles in the last month for different customers.

Gary and Jessica,
It was just a site I found. I that that the concept of the flexible veneer wine label was a really cool idea. I have not tried it myself. I have to find out where to get the flexible veneer and order some, but I do plan on trying it and when I do I will post my results.

Thanks Sheryl Haley

Andrea Weissenseel
09-09-2009, 3:16 AM
I would love to know what settings you used to laser the picture on the label

I had pretty good results with 100% S - 18% P for engraving and 35% S - 95% P for cutting veneer

Gary and Jessica Houghton
09-09-2009, 9:35 AM
I had pretty good results with 100% S - 18% P for engraving and 35% S - 95% P for cutting veneer

Thanks Andrea. I will try that.