PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Finally Done (ya right ) Photos

Howard Boehm
09-04-2009, 1:24 PM
I finally rearranged my garage workshop and it is the most room I have had yet. I got a bunch of photos in my album.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/album.php?albumid=236

If you would like to see what I build out of my shop you can go to the website below and I have all my projects and photos as they were built. I do not build for a living but this is my hobby so be gentle!

Chris Tsutsui
09-04-2009, 3:33 PM
Nice shop, the most hardcore part of that entire shop that I have never seen before is routing the dust collection piping under the cement.

I also think that custom cabinet for the hand tool cases is very detail oriented.

Doug Carpenter
09-04-2009, 8:44 PM
Wow, impressive! I too have a gargw shop....I never thought of facing the table saw out the door. Your weather must be alot better than mine!

Still it is cool and looks like it affords you some room.

Sam Hatfield
09-04-2009, 10:02 PM
How do you like your Grizzly workbench?

Shawn Stennett
09-05-2009, 12:53 AM
I would love to have the dust collector lines to run under like that but would be afraid to cut the concrete out to do it.

Keith Pitman
09-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Nice work space. Any machinery you still need/want? ;)

David Hostetler
09-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Nice setup, great machines. The lines run under the concrete is amazing... I am pretty sure you are in the rare minority on that one. Most guys or gals that do in floor electrical or DC plumbing do it on new build outs. It looks like yours was an existing building...

Some Great equipment there too.... Hope you are putting it to good use!

Bruce Page
09-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Howard, that is a beautiful shop!
Very well organized.

Rich Aldrich
09-18-2009, 5:24 PM
Nice shop. I like how you can get so many tools in a small area and still have organization.... this makes organization a necessity.

Matt Armstrong
09-21-2009, 12:56 AM
I really hate making this post since it in no means is intended to be a killjoy but did you kick around the idea of running 6" ducting under the concrete since it looks like you went through the work of sawing it and re-pouring? I guess a good reason is that the 4" ducting would help insure no piles develop...

Looks good. Comment on the Grizzly workbench. I'm curious too. I feel like it would just be so much easier to buy than to build in this case. I don't like making my own tools, typically. I feel like I do enough of that...

alex grams
09-21-2009, 8:22 AM
And I thought I had crammed a lot of tools in my garage. I see i still have much more to do to get the amount of tools in mine as you have in yours.

Howard Boehm
01-31-2010, 3:50 PM
I made a poster of my garage and the picture is a HDR photo( my other hobby). Its a great prospective.

New Photo Link.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/picture.php?albumid=236&pictureid=2805

George Bregar
01-31-2010, 3:58 PM
I would love to have the dust collector lines to run under like that but would be afraid to cut the concrete out to do it.I ran both DC and power under the slab to my jointer and table saw. Nothing to be afraid of....cut the concrete, run the pipe...eredo the concrete. Rented a walk behind concrete saw and jackhammer for a half day...about $70.