PDA

View Full Version : Well...this was my last weekend.....

Terry Hatfield
09-12-2004, 9:04 PM
to work on the house/shop/yard before the big bash next weekend. I am proud to announce that I only have about 2 months of work left to do before Thursday. :eek:

Seriously, we are pretty close to ready. I'm taking off from Wednesday on to finish the "list". Sometimes being a "list maker" is not all it's cracked up to be. ;)

Hope everybody is ready to PARTY!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I won't sleep through much of the Bbq.

See ya real soon,

t

Kelly C. Hanna
09-12-2004, 9:35 PM
We sure appreciate your diligence in the hosting of the group. I know how much trouble it is just for 20 people...much less as many as we have coming to your house.

All I have to do is get a reso for the rental SUV (nope we aren't bringin' either classic this time) and pick up the fixin's fer the queso. We didn't want to risk missing anything in case of a minor part failure on the road. Do you have a big stock pot size double boiler by any chance?

I can't wait to meet you and all the other ww'ers and enjoy the BBQ!! Course the party after the fact won't stink either!!

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-12-2004, 9:37 PM
I have the dreaded "list" too Terry. It is the list of stuff I need to bring along. It's a good thing I just traded my Stepside Ranger for a F-150.........me thinks I am gonna need the room for all the stuff I need to haul south. ;) Angie and I are REALLY looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time in Arkie Land! We will be rollin' in around noon on Friday, thanks SO much for the invite and the directions. If ya need anything, or there is anything we can do before, or when we arrive, just holler! See ya in a few days.............this is gonna be BIG fun! :D

Greg Heppeard
09-12-2004, 9:40 PM
Ok. I have only one question. Since this is my first one, are we talking Animal House type party or tea with the Clintons type party. :D I'm up for either, as long as we can make some sawdust too...oh and don't forget the ribs n chicken. ;)

Directions??? I didn't get any directions! :eek:

Kevin Gerstenecker
09-12-2004, 9:48 PM
TOGA.............TOGA................TOGA! :D
Woops...........I don't think it is THAT kinda party.........at least I hope not. I kinda gave that nonsense up YEARS ago! :D

Terry Hatfield
09-12-2004, 9:56 PM
Ok. I have only one question. Since this is my first one, are we talking Animal House type party or tea with the Clintons type party. :D I'm up for either, as long as we can make some sawdust too...oh and don't forget the ribs n chicken. ;)

Directions??? I didn't get any directions! :eek:

Greg,

LOL.......probably closer to Animal House....certainly not "tea with the Clinton's"...we are Republicans around here for goodness sake!!!!! :eek: Let's say it's gonna be more like a Bbq with George and Laura with a heavy dose of woodworking mixed in....George and Laura from the 70's that is. :D

t

Terry Hatfield
09-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Kev and Kelly,

We are certainly looking forward to meeting ya'll too!!!! It's always a really great weekend. Lots of good fun. Lots of goodies to win. Lots of woodworkin' to do and see being done..... and lots...make that too much good food. :D

Cheryl has the frig and the freezer pretty much packed. 18 lb. brisket sure will go nicely with the 30 lbs of ribs that our Texas boys are bringin'!!! Mucho cases of cokes, etc... in the shop already. Weather looks perfect. Forecast is partly cloudy with highs in the low 80's and lows near 60. Yipeeee!!!!

I am looking so forward to getting a few days off and havin' some good clean fun. :D

t

Randy Cox
09-13-2004, 1:06 AM
I'm bummed...I probably live closer than just about anyone and won't be able to make it. I have to work Thurs. Fri. Sat and Sun nights 12 hours. I only live about 1 1/4 hours West down 412 hwy. Oh well eat some bbq for me to and have fun ya'll.

Randy

David Rose
09-13-2004, 2:41 AM
Terry, I always wondered... what is good "clean" fun? Can't we have the regular stuff? :rolleyes: What we've always had never seemed to offend either the women the kids or the Democrats, so... ;) I'd sure like to see the temps drop about 20 degrees, but whatever it is will work. And work well. This is going to be a blast!

I'm sorry for any and all who can't make it. :( It will be great to make physical contact with all who can. And the "grub" and prizes are a great bonus. The hospitality of the Hatfields makes it all come together.

Oh, and Dad is planning to bring a couple of boxes of his ginger snaps with Texas pecans. Fer Pete's sake! Somebody tell him ginger snaps don't have nuts! :D

David

Kev and Kelly,

We are certainly looking forward to meeting ya'll too!!!! It's always a really great weekend. Lots of good fun. Lots of goodies to win. Lots of woodworkin' to do and see being done..... and lots...make that too much good food. :D

Cheryl has the frig and the freezer pretty much packed. 18 lb. brisket sure will go nicely with the 30 lbs of ribs that our Texas boys are bringin'!!! Mucho cases of cokes, etc... in the shop already. Weather looks perfect. Forecast is partly cloudy with highs in the low 80's and lows near 60. Yipeeee!!!!

I am looking so forward to getting a few days off and havin' some good clean fun. :D

t

Jack Diemer
09-13-2004, 7:58 AM
Can't wait til Friday!!

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 8:43 AM
I'm bummed...I probably live closer than just about anyone and won't be able to make it. I have to work Thurs. Fri. Sat and Sun nights 12 hours. I only live about 1 1/4 hours West down 412 hwy. Oh well eat some bbq for me to and have fun ya'll.

Randy

Randy,

That's too bad. The bright side is you live close enough to just pop over some other time and visit us. You are welcome here anytime.

t

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 8:45 AM
Terry, I always wondered... what is good "clean" fun? Can't we have the regular stuff? :rolleyes: What we've always had never seemed to offend either the women the kids or the Democrats, so... ;) I'd sure like to see the temps drop about 20 degrees, but whatever it is will work. And work well. This is going to be a blast!

I'm sorry for any and all who can't make it. :( It will be great to make physical contact with all who can. And the "grub" and prizes are a great bonus. The hospitality of the Hatfields makes it all come together.

Oh, and Dad is planning to bring a couple of boxes of his ginger snaps with Texas pecans. Fer Pete's sake! Somebody tell him ginger snaps don't have nuts! :D

David

d,

Ya, I guess we can just have the "regular" kind of fun. :D

Jack can make ginger snaps any way he wants. :D I meant to ask you if he was going to come. I'm glad he is!!!

t

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 8:46 AM
Can't wait til Friday!!

j,

Me either!!! Surely I'll be in coast and party mode by then!!! :D See ya Friday!!!

t

Larry Browning
09-13-2004, 9:44 AM
Terry,
What are the plans for Friday evening? I am considering coming up after work on Friday as well as Saturday. It looks like I won't be able to get to the party until around noon on Saturday, so I thought I might come up Friday to bring my show and tell piece and the pen blanks so they could be there Saturday morning.

Larry

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 9:50 AM
Terry,
What are the plans for Friday evening? I am considering coming up after work on Friday as well as Saturday. It looks like I won't be able to get to the party until around noon on Saturday, so I thought I might come up Friday to bring my show and tell piece and the pen blanks so they could be there Saturday morning.

Larry

l,

We will be here doing what ever for as long as anyone wants to stay on Friday nite. Usually well into the night. :D Supper will be provided.

t

Steve Clardy
09-13-2004, 10:44 AM
I still have to get my to do list taken care of too. Things to bring like lots of water to get cooled down from the hot sauce, :eek:, pen blanks, saw guide.
Ought to be rolling in around noon or so friday. Need to stop at Grizzleys in Springfield and pick up a switch for my G1023 cab saw, and maybe drool on some other goodies. Switch went south the other day:o [You haven't seen it down there have you Terry?].
Guess it has a right to leave after 9 loyal years. :rolleyes:

Hope you have things in order there in Springdale before this bunch hits your place. Sounds like it ought to be great this year.:D

Steve

Dennis Peacock
09-13-2004, 11:44 AM
Woo-Hoo!!!!!! It's put on your SMC hat, Liberty Overalls and brogans and have a BLAST!!!!!! Wood flyin' everywhere, people talkin', eatin', chips and dust are all over the shop..!!!!!! What a TIME this will be!!!!! :eek: :D

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 1:28 PM
Woo-Hoo!!!!!! It's put on your SMC hat, Liberty Overalls and brogans and have a BLAST!!!!!! Wood flyin' everywhere, people talkin', eatin', chips and dust are all over the shop..!!!!!! What a TIME this will be!!!!! :eek: :D

d,

LOL...settle down!!! :D hehehehehe

It ain't time just yet but it sure is close!!!

t

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 1:29 PM
Steve,

I haven't seen your switch, but I'll be sure to save it for ya if'n I do. :D

t

Chris Padilla
09-13-2004, 2:20 PM
Okay, should be cool.

I need to bring enough suitcases to haul home clamps in. Lets see, Terry, you should have 6 each of 12 and 24 inchers for me. I'll also be getting 2 40" from Jack (little side deal we made).

I'm bringing several Smart Guides for door prizes (at least 3...maybe 4).

I still owe Waymon, Larry, and Jack some mulah for the Bessey GB deal we had going.

I have a chunk of nice air-drying (not dried yet I'm sure) walnut I'll bring for the turners.

Oh, and just for Scott and Jack's sake, I'll bring some changes of clothes for the ride back to KC! :)

I'll be flying into KC very late Thursday night (about 11 pm) and taking off Sunday around noon.

Should be a ball! :D

Ed Falis
09-13-2004, 2:53 PM
You all have a great time, Terry and other central states Americans!

One of these years, I'll get down there for one of these.

- Ed

Bill Grumbine
09-13-2004, 2:56 PM
Terry, I know just how it feels! You need to do like I do and invite people early so you can put them to work. Next year SWMBO wants them to bring tools! :D

I hope you have good weather like we did. How many are you expecting?

Bill

Waymon Campbell
09-13-2004, 3:01 PM
Hey folks I'll be driv'in up on Friday and plan on arriving around 5pm. On the way up I'm stopping at Curly Woods for a couple of things. Anyone need me to pick up anything for them?

Can't wait for the fun, food and festivities...and my clamps :D .

Chris Padilla
09-13-2004, 3:13 PM
See if Mike has any nice birdseye maple, Waymon! I'm always trying to find nice pieces. Maybe he'll give the CSBBQ attendees a break?? :D :D One can dream! :D ;)

Waymon Campbell
09-13-2004, 3:24 PM
See if Mike has any nice birdseye maple, Waymon! I'm always trying to find nice pieces. Maybe he'll give the CSBBQ attendees a break?? :D :D One can dream! :D ;)

He had some gorgeous birdseye maple last time I was there, but alas, I had already spent too much money on other stuff. I'll check it out and we'll see what turns up.

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 8:42 PM
Terry, I know just how it feels! You need to do like I do and invite people early so you can put them to work. Next year SWMBO wants them to bring tools! :D

I hope you have good weather like we did. How many are you expecting?

Bill

Bill,

Most excellent idea!!!! I'll have a better plan next year. :D

Looks like 50 plus, but you never know for sure 'til they show up and are counted. :)

t

Joe Meazle
09-13-2004, 8:51 PM
Mr. Hatfield,
I was wonerding if ther is room for one more Arkie. I am talking with the boss now to try and take Fri off. I can only make it one day. Is there anything a newbie can bring?
Thanks,
Joe

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 8:53 PM
Mr. Hatfield,
I was wonerding if ther is room for one more Arkie. I am talking with the boss now to try and take Fri off. I can only make it one day. Is there anything a newbie can bring?
Thanks,
Joe

Joe,

There is only room if you promise not to call me Mr. Hatfield. :D Of course there is room. The more the merrier!!!!! Just bring yourself, anything you might want to "show and tell" and a lawn chair.

t

Joe Meazle
09-13-2004, 9:46 PM
Thanks T,
Would there be any intrest in seeing a Jet bench top mortiser with an XY vise modification? There is an article in the new PWW but about the mod. i got the idea off of the Badger Pond 2 years ago. Sounds like most of the other goodies that I have are already coming. Most of my faves are old news anyway, Kreg jig, EB3 miter gauge, Millers Falls jointer plane. I alreday bug Dennis for sharpening services uh advice. Thanks again for the hospitality.
I will let you know waht the boss says.
Joe.

Terry Hatfield
09-13-2004, 11:33 PM
Thanks T,
Would there be any intrest in seeing a Jet bench top mortiser with an XY vise modification? There is an article in the new PWW but about the mod. i got the idea off of the Badger Pond 2 years ago. Sounds like most of the other goodies that I have are already coming. Most of my faves are old news anyway, Kreg jig, EB3 miter gauge, Millers Falls jointer plane. I alreday bug Dennis for sharpening services uh advice. Thanks again for the hospitality.
I will let you know waht the boss says.
Joe.

j,

Please do bring the mortiser and whatever else you would like to show. I'd be very interested in th XY mod myself. Tell the boss it's just one of those things you "have" to do. :D

t

Dennis Peacock
09-14-2004, 1:12 AM
call me Mr. Hatfield.
t

<b>Mr. Hatfield.!!!!</b> :eek: :eek:
Bwaaahhhahhhhh-Haaaa-aaaaaaaa!!!!! :D :D

Sorry buddy....I just couldn't resist.!!!!

I forgot....Do you still want me to bring the Tormek?

D

David Rose
09-14-2004, 1:59 AM
Dear Mr. Peacock,

What is this malarky about you NOT bringing the Tormek?!!! I have three neighbors bringing brush hog blades and mower blades for you to sharpen. Bring the 4' fixture. :eek:

You better cool it with T. He might ration your brisket! :D

Sincerely,

the insolent Rose guy

D

Scott Coffelt
09-14-2004, 8:18 AM
Only 3 more shopping days left till Tmas, looking forward to it.

Terry Hatfield
09-14-2004, 9:01 AM

D

d,

har...har....har