PDA

View Full Version : My new router fence

Chuck Isaacson
09-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Well the new Kreg router fence came today and I had it out of the box before the UPS man even left the driveway. This is really a top notch fence. Fit and finish are excellent and I really think that it is going to be great. This thing is really heavy duty as well. It carries some weight with it. Once it is all adjusted it slides very easily. The only thing that I could not do was put in the outfeed side of the fence tightening knob. I need a T-slot router bit. I also need to put a miter track along the front. This will come in time. I wish I could say tell you more but I haven't had time to even test it. The next project is an outfeed table and then the router table will be getting used to make doors and drawers. Have to finish my cabinets.

Today I also mounted the auxiliary switch that I bought from Rockler the other day. I works nice and is easy to install. I also took a few minutes to mount my MLCS router bits and case. I think it really adds to the finished look of the router table. It also get them out of my cabinets and into a place where they are accessible. Later.

126976 126977126978 126979

Chuck

Jerome Hanby
09-04-2009, 8:56 AM
Just looked up that 66 bit set, not a bad price. How is the quality of the bits? I know the general "wisdom" say to just buy bits as you need them, but having all those profiles would be kind of nice just to play with...

Chuck Isaacson
09-04-2009, 9:23 AM
The router bits arent that bad. I wanted a full set bit didnt want to spend an arm and a leg. I figured that I would start with these and replace them with the good ones as these wear out. I have only used a few of them so far, but now that this table is just about done, I might be using a few more.

Chuck

Stephen Edwards
09-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Your table is really coming together Chuck. Sure looks nice with the fence and the bit box added.

When you have a chance I'd like to see a couple of photos of the back of the fence and the left end of the fence, please. I'm particularly interested in how it "locks" on the left end. Thanks.

Chuck Isaacson
09-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Your table is really coming together Chuck. Sure looks nice with the fence and the bit box added.

When you have a chance I'd like to see a couple of photos of the back of the fence and the left end of the fence, please. I'm particularly interested in how it "locks" on the left end. Thanks.

I just ordered a router bit so that I can put a T-slot in the back of the table to secure the left side of the fence. I will gladly take some pics when I get it all done.

CHuck