PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly G0514X2 Bandsaw - vibration

Tom Mitz
09-03-2009, 8:08 AM
Guys - I got my Grizzly G0514X2 saw and set it up, adjusted wheels but gfetting a vibration...its like a pulse type every second or less...the saw will not pass the nickel test.

Suggestions to check ? This is rather upsetting to me....:(

Cliff Holmes
09-03-2009, 8:36 AM
Call Grizzly. Seriously, that's quickest way to resolve it. They're way more experienced in what issues to look for than anyone here. I had a vibration problem with a new jointer, 5 minutes on the phone gave me several things to try. They told me to check a pulley's setscrew and sure enough, it was just a hair loose. They also had me note the exact moment the jointer vibrated and diagnosed it as a flakey motor brake, two days later there was a brand new one on my porch.

Grizzly's CS/TS is awesome. You paid for it, use it.

Barry Vabeach
09-03-2009, 9:56 PM
Tom, If they can't help, though I think they can, try to isolate it. First, take off the belt and turn on just the motor. Then turn it off, put on the belt, but no blade, turn it on and you are checking the belt and lower wheel. If that is okay, then try adding the blade, and see if the problem reappears - if so it is either the blade or the upper wheel. I bought the GO513x2 which is the 17 inch and didn't like the vibration and switched to a link belt and used the Doug Westland method to dynamically balance the upper and lower wheel ( though I used small change and duct tape) and couldn't be happier with the results. http://wiki.owwm.com/BandsawBladeBalancing.ashx I suggest using the same equipment ( dial indicator ) to isolate the vibration problem.