PDA

View Full Version : Military shield

Eric Seest
09-02-2009, 10:24 PM
Does anyone have this shield or know how to trace it so that it can be engraved on a picture frame. I have tried several traces, changing the tone curve and everything else I can think of but so far no luck. I thought I seen this several weeks ago but can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Dave Russell Smith
09-03-2009, 9:54 AM
I quickly ran this through the trace feature in Corel. Or I can spend all morning redrawing it ;)

Frank Corker
09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Jeez Eric, you are asking people to be helpful and you aren't even telling us what the name of the regiment is! Someone might have it straight off. In order to help you I would have to trawl through everything I have just to see if I had it - but I'm afraid I don't have that type of time to spare.

Frank Corker
09-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Hating you more by the minute - look here for a better image of what you have http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Eng/94EngineerBattalion.htm

Do a search on wikipedia dot com they quite often have them available there too

Dammit now I've done it.

Bruce Volden
09-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Dang Frank!!

If you ever hit the comedy circuit I'll be in the front row center :D

Bruce

Eric Seest
09-03-2009, 9:56 PM
My apologizes Frank, I suppose I should have included more information, it is the 103rd Engineer Company 2nd platoon 1st squad. I have done a search and did not find anything that would work so that is why I asked. I was hoping somebody would either have something close or tell me how to trace it better in corel, I am not very impressed with the results I have gotten. I will take the two samples that I got and try to hand trace them and see what I can come up with. Even after just over 1 year in the lasering business we are still learning how things work; of course we are both still working full time so this is our part time job. Thank you very much for your input and I will post my final results when I am done.

Frank Corker
09-04-2009, 6:19 AM
Eric, something doesn't seem right here mate, a google search on the 103rd Engineer Company gives the logo below, it's not what you posted. What you posted was from the 93rd which I linked earlier

Dave Russell Smith
09-04-2009, 1:01 PM
You can get several companies with in a Battalion and each will have its own crest. 103rd company comes under the 94th Battalion. Or is it this one Frank mmmm! :eek:

Eric Seest
09-04-2009, 5:42 PM
You got me that was what they gave me to work with so I guess that is what they are looking for. That's part of the reason I came to you guys because I wasn't getting good results. I plan on working on it this evening and tomorrow so hopefully I will be able to post a good vector of it this weekend. Once again thank you for the input.

Scott Shepherd
09-04-2009, 7:53 PM
Outlined the one Frank uploaded. Hope it helps some. Not a perfect job, but better than the jagged pieces it was before.

Eric Seest
09-04-2009, 9:31 PM
I like that, I do appreciate the help and hope to be able to do the same some day. Thanks to all!:D

Eric Seest
09-06-2009, 9:36 AM
Here is my final drawing of the shield, I think the customer will be happy. Frank & Scott thank you very much for your input I was able to us what both of you shared with me to get what I needed. Once again thank you very much.

Frank Corker
09-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Good for you Eric, every day is a learning day.

Eric Seest
09-07-2009, 1:09 PM
Well I don't get to post many of my pieces but I think this one turned out great. With a lot input from several from SMC it turned out the way it did. First was the help on the logos and then from some advice I had received on an earlier project. It was suggested to inlay the piece being added instead of just putting it on top of the piece. Once again thank you very much to all of the creekers that have helped me.

Dee Gallo
09-07-2009, 1:49 PM
Nice one, Eric! What was the final size of the frame? Some of those pieces look mighty small- a lot to keep track of. I love the contrast of the woods.

cheers, dee

Eric Seest
09-07-2009, 3:33 PM
It is an 8"X10" red alder frame. Pictures never do the work justice (well at least when I am taking the picture). Thanks Dee.