PDA

View Full Version : Rubber stamps swelling up?

weldon gibbons
09-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Anyone else ever have any problems with the rubber swelling up while engraving? How did you combat this issue?

Thanks

Scott Erwin
09-01-2009, 10:20 PM
It would be helpful if you listed your machine, your settings you are using, etc...

When I first started off, I think I had that issue...I was using too much power and too little speed and it did that.

weldon gibbons
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Mmm, sorry. Using the Epilog Mini 40W. Raster speed is any where between 25 and 40, I've tried it all. Power is 100.
Using rubber from Millennium Marking.

Thanks again!

Scott Erwin
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I have a 30wt and use 100 power / 15 speed / 500 ppi

I am guessing you are right in the ball park with a 45wt machine.

I had backed my power down to 90 on the last job I did and it worked just fine too.

Not sure this is going to help you, sorry but someone else might be able to.

Andrea Weissenseel
09-02-2009, 2:17 AM
On my 40W I use 97% Power, 20% Speed and 600 DPI

Frank Corker
09-02-2009, 7:10 AM
Weldon, the settings that you mentioned there are recommended settings for rubber, they really should be okay. However, if the rubber is swelling up it might be that the rubber is very thin or it has a different compound in it's makeup. Swelling has to be caused by the heat. Reduce your power down to 75% and run the speed slightly slower with more than one pass.

Another thought has now entered my head. You are saying that the swelling is while you are engraving it. ie rastering right? If it is, then what I have suggested above is your correct course to follow.

If this problem is only visible when you are cutting the shape (vectoring), check the frequency, your settings need to be 20 speed, 100 power, 100 frequency, not 5000, which would cause swelling bubbling and probably fire.

weldon gibbons
09-02-2009, 8:53 AM
No problem with vector cutting, just the rastering. Have played with the speed settings but never thought about the power settings. We'll give that a shot and see what happens. Thanks everyone for the ideas!