PDA

View Full Version : Stanley 45 Plow Plane

Richard Gillespie
09-01-2009, 5:28 PM
Was given a family heirloom by a friend last winter. Was his grandfathers and he didn't do woodworking.

Was working on some stair balusters yesterday only to find that I had omitted one of the required grooves when I did the prep work. Rather then set up the router I choose to sharpen and use one of the reed cutters on the Stanley plane and use that. Did great and gave me good results.

Not the first time I've used a Stanley 45 so I'm use to all of the required adjustments.

Jim Koepke
09-01-2009, 7:38 PM
Was given a family heirloom by a friend last winter. Was his grandfathers and he didn't do woodworking.

Was working on some stair balusters yesterday only to find that I had omitted one of the required grooves when I did the prep work. Rather then set up the router I choose to sharpen and use one of the reed cutters on the Stanley plane and use that. Did great and gave me good results.

Not the first time I've used a Stanley 45 so I'm use to all of the required adjustments.

My first Stanley 45 was given to me by my father. He said it was his grandfathers. It was a type 6 (1895 or so). Since then I have acquired a few more so the family one was given to one of my brothers to keep with the family heirlooms.

jim