PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Stoppers

Jim Podsedly
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Got on the bottle stopper band wagon!

The wine bottle made from spalted maple and I must confess I stole the idea from Mike Golka who did this type of display a while back.

The bottle stoppers are made from Cherry burl, cherry, and the right two are made from a burl from New Zealand.

I need to get a little more creative in the design. They are all looking the same. :rolleyes:

Jim

David Walser
09-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Jim,

Your stoppers look very nice. Don't be too worried about making each one look different just for different's sake. Stoppers are functional items and the primary concern should be that they are comfortable to grasp and use. You don't want all the knobs on your kitchen cabinets to be different, do you?

Note: I'm not saying there's not a place for a stopper that looks like a top hat, apple, or a piece of coral. I'm simply saying that a useful item can simply look like what it is and still be attractive.

Rob Cunningham
09-01-2009, 12:58 PM
I think they look good Jim.

Bernie Weishapl
09-01-2009, 1:28 PM
Good looking stoppers. Don't worry about design. I made a bunch that were similar in shape and they all sold.

Mike Golka
09-01-2009, 1:57 PM
Nice looking stoppers Jim. Like the others said, fuctionality over design. Oh yeh, nice display too ;).

Steve Schlumpf
09-01-2009, 2:13 PM
All the stoppers look pretty good to me! I agree - a comfortable stopper is what you are really looking for!

michael gallagher
09-01-2009, 5:02 PM
they look good from here - I really like those two burl designs.

Kirk Miller
09-01-2009, 6:09 PM
They all look great to me. Pleasing shape and good finish on them. I really like the display. I think I will have to see if I can duplicate such a fine display. Thats it Duplicate....Test my skills.......;)

ROY DICK
09-01-2009, 10:55 PM
LQQKS good to me too!

Roy