PDA

View Full Version : Versalaser Drivers?

James A. Wolfe
08-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Good evening all,
My laptop has met an untimely fate and has taken my laser drivers with it. I have all of my data files backed up but can't seem to locate the drivers. I had an original driver but there were issues that resolved themselves when a later version was installed but I think that may have been provided electronically so I didn't get a hard copy. I've emailed Tech Support but I wondered if anyone out there has a recent version of a driver for the VL200 for XP?
Thanx,
Jim

Frank Corker
09-01-2009, 7:09 AM
I don't have the driver James but look on the bright side, you have a laptop you can engrave!

kyle bonnell
09-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I have a disk that my versa laser dealer gave me. It is a copy on a CD-R of another disk but all it says on the front is Versa Advanced. I can email the file to you if you want.

Mike Mackenzie
09-02-2009, 4:54 PM
James, You can download the driver from here http://cemlasers.com/pg--17--Drivers.aspx Be sure to get the VL Driver NOT the VLS

Kevin Groenke
09-02-2009, 5:40 PM
Here are instructions on accessing ULS's ftp site:

FTP Download Instructions
1) Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer
2) Type in this address as is: http://63.253.136.156/support
3) In the user name dropdown, type in: intranet\ftp
4) In the password dropdown, type in: ftp
5) Click on the zip file they wish to download, then click the SAVE button and then place the file anywhere they want to on their computer
6) Unzip the file and install as normal

James A. Wolfe
09-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks to all for the quick replies. I managed to get a driver installed and working so I'm going to spend some time next week "organizing" my data files.

I know.... I couldn't believe it when I said it...

Who knows... It could happen..........................

;)

Jim

James A. Wolfe
09-25-2009, 9:37 PM
Thanks to all who responded with driver suggestions but I'm still down. The drivers I downloaded, including the ones called advance, failed to get me back where I was originally. The driver loads as VL200. In my old system, it used a driver called VL200ADVANCED. I've tried downloading the advanced drivers mentioned but all I get is a generic control panel with a few materials listed and no control over anything else. My best guess on the driver name is "winxp/2000 v1.07L".
Any suggestions?
Jim

Ruben Salcedo
09-25-2009, 9:57 PM
you need to first install the base VL200 drivers this will provide you with preset values for various materials, then after you have the base drivers installed then you install the VL200 Advance Drivers, with this drivers you have full control in the settings like Power, Speed, PPI etc.

Ruben

James A. Wolfe
09-25-2009, 11:21 PM
I went to a dealers site (Engraving System Support Inc.) and found the drivers I was looking for. The newest drivers didn't seem to work out but an older version did the trick.
Thanx,
Jim