PDA

View Full Version : Military Fonts Question

Karen Thompson
08-31-2009, 8:45 AM
Hi Folks,
I have been asked to do a plaque celebrating a friends grandson's "passing out" and I wondered if there is any specific/preferred font used for these kinds of things.

Also, can anybody tell me if there is anywhere where I can get the insignia for the regiment in .cdr format - it's the Princess of Wales Royal Regiment.

Thanks as always everyone

Karen

william kaminsky
08-31-2009, 10:45 AM
Don't know of exactly which type of font you need, but about two years ago (or more) was a question raised at one of the flying model forums, asking for such. People knew numerous locations near imediately, but I think the stencils were of different linework quality. Pose your question there too.

As for the creast, I think you may be the first to come up with one then.

Wm.

Stephen Beckham
08-31-2009, 7:51 PM
Have you tried working through commons.wikimedia.org? They have lots of seals and crests - I'm not sure which you are looking for specific. I didn't find anything specific to Regiment of Wales.

Good luck.

Frank Corker
08-31-2009, 7:56 PM
http://www.northeastmedals.co.uk/british_regiment_modern/princess_of_wales_cap_badge1.JPG

THis is a picture of the cap badge. If it's anything like this it should be a doddle to draw up. The best type of font should be done by the eye I think, some of the stuff is quite often times new roman but it does vary.

Stephen Beckham
08-31-2009, 8:02 PM
Sorry - missed the part about the font - I've been using Bookman a lot lately. It's close to Times New, but seems to etch better because it doesn't have a many thin parts on the edges.

Steve

David Arana
08-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Im here by Fort Rucker in Alabama,
The pilots here mostly prefer Times New Roman Bold for the name of the person.
And regular times new roman for everything else.

Karen Thompson
09-01-2009, 5:40 AM
Thanks everyone.

I will see how I go - Frank unfortunately I cannot access that link it tells me I'm forbidden :eek:

Karen

Frank Corker
09-01-2009, 7:12 AM
Here it is from Wiki

Frank Corker
09-01-2009, 7:20 AM
Don't you just love me! Here is the crest.

Karen Thompson
09-01-2009, 5:21 PM
Don't you just love me! Here is the crest.

You Sir are a star and yes I love you :D:D:D:D

Thank You - Thank You - Thank you

Karen