PDA

View Full Version : Depression era family saga updated.

Dan Forman
08-31-2009, 6:31 AM
Some of you visited our website that chronicles the two years my mother, uncle, and grandmother spent living on a farm in northern Minnesota during the Great Depression, while my grandfather drove a streetcar in Minneapolis. Thought you might want to know that we've added a number of pictures, recipes, additional narrative, and more of the original letters that they sent back and forth for those two years. There is still more to come, so stay tuned for further updates.

Of course any newcomers are invited to check it out for the first time as well. Here is the link, hope you enjoy.

[/URL][URL]http://www.deardaddy.com/ (file:///Users/danforman/Desktop/www.deardaddy.com:.webloc)

Dan

Jim King
08-31-2009, 9:10 PM
That is extremly well done. I am going to read it all. Thanks

James Mooney
09-01-2009, 9:08 PM
Dan, I'm hooked already. What a wonderful and precious gift your grandmother left you! Publishing it as you are is fantastic; I hope you're enjoying the publishing as much as I'm enjoying the reading!

Heather Thompson
09-02-2009, 2:03 PM
Dan,

Thank you for sharing this, both of my parents were born and raised in Wisconsin and lived through the Great Depression, my mom grew up on a dairy farm and dad grew tabacco. The stories they tell are very similar to what the letters state, I will read them all.

Thank You,

Heather

Dan Forman
09-03-2009, 2:58 PM
Thanks for the kind comments, glad you enjoyed the site.

Dan