PDA

View Full Version : Garage to barroom conversion update

Fred Voorhees
09-11-2004, 6:48 PM
Well, its been a summer long project, but it is finally coming along well. Hopefully, we can maybe have a New Years Eve party in the completed room - however, that is making for a very tight schedule and I am not sure that I will make that.

I found some trouble uploading some pictures of the beginning of the demo for the renovation - I had already posted them on this forum when the demo was underway and trying to post them again, I get an error message. Maybe someone can explain why and how I could possibly post previously posted pictures again. I had wanted to post the old pics for comparison reasons. :mad:

Anyhow, attached are three pictures I took today and the room in its current state.

Picture one details the bar area and the valance that I hung from the cieling to contain recessed lighting cans to light the bar. The bar will be centered just below the valance and the lights (five of them) will be controlled by a dimmer switch. Should be quite nice.

Picture 2 shows a corner of the room where I used to have a chest freezer. Not any more! This is where the gas fireplace will be located and it will be situated as a corner unit. I should be ordering the firebox within the week. You can see the beaded red oak beadboard detail in this shot.

Picture 3 details the closet that I built into the corner of the new room to enclose and hide the electrical panel and some pvc conduit that serves my newer detached garage. The closet will also probably feature a number of shelves for as yet undetermined items and possibly where I will locate the pool cue rack for the new pool table that will be purchased for the room. You can also see one of the window seating structures that has yet to be "faced" with the oak beadboard. Because the beadboard panels were a minimal 3/16" thick, I thought that strengthening the face of the window seats with leftover 1/2" drywall would make it able to stand up to any accidental "bump into's". This closet will be closed off with a bi-fold door with etched glass. Excuse the lesser quality of this particular pic as there was still a bit of dust in the air from sweeping up after the days work and the new Nikon picks up every little thing in the air.

The better half and I are really pleased with the job so far and have our fingers crossed that the rest of the project goes just as smoothly and pleasingly. :D

John Miliunas
09-11-2004, 11:18 PM
I'd say, it's coming along quite nicely, Fred! :) Looks like that will be one, big, FUN area! As for reposting the old pics, you need to take the originals and modify them. Any slightest modification to change the file contents is good enough. Then rename the file and you'll be able to shoot them back on here. :cool:

Fred Voorhees
09-12-2004, 12:18 AM
As for reposting the old pics, you need to take the originals and modify them. Any slightest modification to change the file contents is good enough. Then rename the file and you'll be able to shoot them back on here. :cool:

Ok, John, let's give that a shot. The following three pics follow the same sequence as the three above - only much uglier :eek:

Jim Becker
09-12-2004, 12:21 AM
Lookin' great Mr. Fred!! Almost time to party...

Greg Tatum
09-12-2004, 2:16 AM
Where does the beermeister go ;)
That will be a nice addition when you are finished.
Greg

Tyler Howell
09-12-2004, 5:01 AM
Set me up a cool one Fred!;)

John Miliunas
09-12-2004, 12:09 PM
Ok, John, let's give that a shot. The following three pics follow the same sequence as the three above - only much uglier :eek:

Just a *wee* bit of a difference, heh?! :eek: You're doing good, Fred! :cool: