PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know what this is worth?

Karl Brogger
08-30-2009, 8:11 PM
Looks like almost all the clamps are there. I count 29, there's supposed to be 30. Its on an online auction and the bidding is at $190 with 9 days to go. I think they're about $2500 new.

http://www.k-bidirect.com/kbidpics/August09/RainbowWoods/1.JPG

Jay Brewer
08-30-2009, 8:51 PM
That looks like the 12' version, if so they are a little over $4k new. Half price or less is probably a good deal. Not much to go wrong with them, coat the clamps with boothcoat and it will last forever. I have the smaller one and dont know how I got along without it.

JLT's factory is a 30 minute drive for me, great people to deal with if you want more clamps or accessories. I will highly recommend the panel flattener that JLT sells, it works great. Best of luck

Karl Brogger
08-30-2009, 9:14 PM
Good to know Jay, I'm pretty sure its the 12' model. I've used them before I just wasn't real sure what they cost new. Tried calling a local machinery dealer on Friday to get a price on a new one, but no answer.

mike Dix
08-31-2009, 8:37 AM
ok I give...what is this fixture ????:confused:

Rod Sheridan
08-31-2009, 8:43 AM
It's a clamp stand.

You have multiple levels where you can glue up panels, store them while the glue partially cures and continue stacking new panels into clamps.

It allows you to start at one spot, glueing and clamping, and when you get to the end, the first ones may be ready to unclamp.

Other designs hold the clamps like spokes in a wheel, allowing you to rotate the jig to a new clamping position

Beats stacking them on the floor and tripping over them:D

Regards, Rod.

Larry Edgerton
08-31-2009, 6:54 PM
Good luck. I have wanted one of those as well.

I was doing the tripping over clamped up doors thing the past week, this week I'm sanding. Now that is something I need to streamline! :(

Karl Brogger
08-31-2009, 9:25 PM
Good luck. I have wanted one of those as well.

I was doing the tripping over clamped up doors thing the past week, this week I'm sanding. Now that is something I need to streamline! :(

When I do doors I usually just do five at a time and cycle through them. When I assemble the 6th door I just pull the 1st door out of the clamps and keep swapping though the clamps. I figure about two minutes a door doing it this way for assembly time.

I'm not sure I'd use this for assembly doors though, unless they were passage doors. Better to suffer through the regular pipe clamps and keep the initiative up for getting a pneumatic door clamp.