PDA

View Full Version : G0661 TS Review

Jim Rimmer
08-30-2009, 6:59 PM
I've had my Grizzly G0661 TS for a couple of weeks now and have had a chance to use it some so thought I would post a quick review.

It arrived in good shape. Only damage was to the shroud on the motor fan. One screw was broken but I managed to get it out with a magnet and after a little body work all was well. I would suggest at least asking about the liftgate service. Mine arrived in an 18 wheeler. The driver was very helpful. I backed my pickup up to his truck and we eased the saw into the bed. Then I backed up to the garage and we eased it on to the floor.

Assembly was a piece of cake. Fence looks like a Delta T2 clone and is very accurate. I will keep it since it is fine for me (and I'm broke now). The miter gage leaves a lot to be desired but I already had an Incra 1000SE that I bought for my Craftsman refurb that went awry and I am using it.

It runs smooth and quiet and passed the nickel test. Very little adjusting necessary. You could almost use it straight out of the box.

Since I am moving up from a Craftsman that had a 20" table I am delighted. This is light years ahead of where I was. Accuracy is amazing. Fence adjustment is easy. Blade tilt (and lock) is great.

I would definitely recommend this saw to anyone on a budget. It's not a cabinet saw but it is a great saw.

scott spencer
08-30-2009, 8:03 PM
Thanks for sharing your findings Jim. Enjoy and be safe!

ed vitanovec
08-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Congradulations on your new saw! Grizzly does have a good price on lift gate service, $32.00 is well worth it.

Regards!
Ed

jim hedgpeth
09-01-2009, 2:23 PM
Hey Jim, glad I'm not the only one that likes this saw. Congrats.

I have been very impressed with mine so far. No problems plowing through everything I have thrown at it. Even deep dados in walnut didn't slow it down. Like you say "Light years ahead", I had a Walmart special, then an antique (aka - worn out) Delta direct drive, now....WOW.

Did they get the cursor screws fixed on the one you got?

Jim

Jim Rimmer
09-01-2009, 6:56 PM
Did they get the cursor screws fixed on the one you got?

Jim
They must have read your review because that is no longer a problem. :D In fact, I looked for that specifically when I got mine after reading your review.