PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit with John Keeton

Ed Sallee
08-30-2009, 7:26 AM
Last month, I drove to my home town in Minnesota for a little vacation. I had, at that time, planned to stop by and visit with John Keeton in Central Kentucky. Well, things didn't work out as planned and I was very disappointed that I did not get to stop in and visit with John. But, I had told John that we could make a plan to come up at a later date.

My wife, Sandra & I made the trip Friday night and visited with John & Eileen on Saturday.

We had a wonderful time and John & Eileen were very hospitable. And, as you can imagine - their Kentucky home is beautiful - surrounded by rolling hills and wildlife. Nice shop too, John!

John graciously gave me some very nice pieces of Curly Maple, Chestnut, Ash and a few boards of some unidentified wood from Jamaica. John & Eileen just might get a little package in the mail sometime in the near future with some sort of box made with his native Kentucky hardwoods...... :rolleyes:

All in all, it was a great experience and it was refreshing to get away from the grind of every day life in Flowery Branch, GA....

John, Eileen..... thanks again for your hospitality and we look forward to seeing ya'all again sometime.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn88/evsallee/DSC09377.jpg

John Keeton
08-30-2009, 8:24 AM
It was great to have Ed and Sandra share the day with us. Their vast and varied experiences made for an very enjoyable visit. Ed has some wonderful woodworking experiences, and Sandra shared her rich background - facinating!!

Fortunately, we were blessed with decent weather, though it did not look promising yesterday morning. Ed surprised me with a nice set of Incra rules that I am sure will improve my sometimes failing measurements. Now, instead of measuring twice, cutting once, I can measure three times!! Knowing me, I will still get it wrong!

Ed, I look forward to seeing that old rough wood turned into some of the beautiful masterpieces that you build. And, know that you are welcome back anytime - we love having visitors...other than the flow of deer, turkeys and other critters.

John Thompson
08-30-2009, 9:46 AM
Thanks for the pic, Ed. If you have more of the farm.. post them. I almost didn't recognize you without your baseball cap. :) Would loved to have made the trip and I appreciate the invite to do so but.. my wife and I's 20th Anniversity is coming up and we're headed down to Savannah soon. She can't make many trips anymore with her hamstring problems so we have to limit travel.

Regards...

Ken Fitzgerald
08-30-2009, 9:52 AM
Congrats Ed! John is certainly on my short list of Creekers I would like to visit. I've never been disappointed with any of my Creeker visits!