PDA

View Full Version : Latest Nice Job

Joe Pelonio
08-29-2009, 10:32 PM
All Rowmark, the matte black solid and brushed silver. Seventeen that are a little smaller and 7 of these 12x12s. I'm having to work all weekend though with this and a couple of other orders but what the heck, it's raining anyway.

John Noell
08-30-2009, 12:12 AM
Very sharp looking. Is the brushed silver glued on top of the black? What about the right hand strip of silver? How is that attached?

Joe Pelonio
08-30-2009, 12:43 AM
The base layer is the brushed silver 12"x12", then I stuck on a 10"x12" piece of the black, leaving the last 2" showing. Finally I attach the letters. For the letters I use 3M MP 6" wide prior to cutting. For attaching the black to the silver just 3 strips of what I call "banner tape", 1" wide thin but a strong double sided tape. These are all for indoors.

Steven Wallace
08-30-2009, 4:00 AM
Joe, this looks up to your usual standards and would have expected nothing less from you. Thanks for sharing the details.

Steve Clarkson
08-30-2009, 8:09 AM
The base layer is the brushed silver 12"x12", then I stuck on a 10"x12" piece of the black, leaving the last 2" showing. Finally I attach the letters. For the letters I use 3M MP 6" wide prior to cutting. For attaching the black to the silver just 3 strips of what I call "banner tape", 1" wide thin but a strong double sided tape. These are all for indoors.

Joe,

I was following you all the way until you wrote "3M MP 6" wide".......I assumed you engraved the letters in the black Rowmark.....but apparently not.

In any event, it looks nice.

Frank Corker
08-30-2009, 8:48 AM
Great job Joe, certainly hard to miss, looks fantastic.

Joe Pelonio
08-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Joe,

I was following you all the way until you wrote "3M MP 6" wide".......I assumed you engraved the letters in the black Rowmark.....but apparently not.

Right, the letters are cut from the brushed silver, and some of the "busier" ones are tedious work with lots of .4" letters. I laser cut mounting patterns
with heavy paper.

It's actually 3M 467MP and I used 6" because it covers the whole 12x24" sheet with only one seam.

Dee Gallo
08-31-2009, 9:41 AM
Very elegant work, Joe! It's so nice to see a sign which has some style and quality these days. Not enough people take the time to care about these things like you do. Great job!

cheers, dee