PDA

View Full Version : Iturra Design catalog?

Jason White
08-29-2009, 2:36 PM
I've called several times requesting an Iturra Design (bandsaw) catalog, but they never send me one. Been trying for months.

Does somebody have an extra catalog they could send me? I don't care if it's out of date. I just want to see what all they offer.

Jason

Myk Rian
08-29-2009, 2:40 PM
If they can't do so little as send a catalog, do you really want to deal with them?

Jason White
08-29-2009, 2:45 PM
I've seen everybody here raving about them in the past.

If not Iturra, is there another catalog or website out there with lots of bandsaw accessories? Have been disappointed with Rockler's and Woodcraft's offerings.

Jason

If they can't do so little as send a catalog, do you really want to deal with them?

Matt Meiser
08-29-2009, 2:59 PM
They are notorious for not sending out catalogs. Probably because there are a ton of people like me who request catalogs then don't buy anything from him. Its really a guide book to the 14" bandsaw and he could justifiably charge for them. I've slowly bought a few things recommended in the catalog, but unfortunately for them, I've done so at Woodcraft or Rockler when I've been in the store. If he'd set up a web site, he'd probably do better.

I have one. I'll leave it to you in my will. :D

Brent Smith
08-29-2009, 4:00 PM
Hi Jason,

Just keep waiting. You will get one, and it will be worth the wait. I believe they only print as needed, and that means waiting for a large enough waiting list to justify the cost. As Matt stated, a lot of people ask for the catalogue and then don't buy enough to offset the cost to ID.

Jeff Willard
08-29-2009, 4:02 PM
I've seen everybody here raving about them in the past.

If not Iturra, is there another catalog or website out there with lots of bandsaw accessories? Have been disappointed with Rockler's and Woodcraft's offerings.

Jason

Looking for anything specific?

Jason White
08-29-2009, 4:24 PM
Probably. ;)

Looking for anything specific?

Heather Thompson
08-29-2009, 4:32 PM
Louis Iturra changed the catalog pollicy this year due to the bad economy, they are in the process of setting up a web site where the entire catalog will be avalible as a PDF file. If you order something from them they will send out the hard copy of the catalog, it is 240 pages and expensive for them to print and mail, order a couple of blades would be the easy thing to do. :)

Heather

Jacob Mac
08-29-2009, 4:46 PM
PM me your address and I can send you mine.

Phil Thien
08-29-2009, 8:13 PM
I have a PDF of last year's catalog.

Due to Keith's efforts to prevent free advertising here, I don't feel comfortable posting a link.

If you E-Mail me, phil (at) cgallery (dot) com, I will send a link.

Please include the word ITURRA in your E-Mail to make sure my spam filter doesn't can your E-Mail.

And please DO NOT PM ME with this site's facility, as my mailbox is almost always getting near full.

BTW, it is a 68-MB file, in case you were wondering.

Phil Thien
08-29-2009, 8:19 PM
Louis Iturra changed the catalog pollicy this year due to the bad economy, they are in the process of setting up a web site where the entire catalog will be avalible as a PDF file. If you order something from them they will send out the hard copy of the catalog, it is 240 pages and expensive for them to print and mail, order a couple of blades would be the easy thing to do. :)

Heather

He's been telling me the web site thing for years.

I scanned a catalog (actually, an online friend scanned it) and told him I was going to post it online. He was a little disappointed that it was last year's catalog (with last year's pricing), and said he was working on a catalog in PDF form and would get it out on his own. Still hasn't happened (and this probably a half year ago).

I think Louis is old school. And he refuses to let people help.

So I have last year's catalog in PDF form, and I'm happy to send a link to people. Please understand his prices may have adjusted slightly.

I encourage people to get the catalog, and when they place an order, tell Louis that they got the catalog online from Phil in Milwaukee. And that if he sends me newer catalogs, I'll get them scanned and online in a jiffy.

He is a micro business. He needs the sales, and we need him (both IMHO). So I think we should drag him, kicking and screaming (if need be) into the future.

Doug Shepard
08-29-2009, 8:28 PM
I've been hearing about the pending website thing for going on about 10 years so I wouldn't hold your breath. Anybody else get their very first catalog? There was an article or review in FWW which caused their phones to start ringing off the hook while they were in the midst of tryng to complete their first catalog and get it to the printers. Then whatever computer they had the file on (in MS Word IIRC) had the hard drive crash and they had to start all over. I think I waited close to 10 months for that one.

Bruce Wrenn
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
It isn't only the printing costs, but also mailing. They wait and do a "bulk mailing" a couple times a year. Send him a request for a catalog, attached to a ten dollar bill. That will help grease the wheels. His catalogs are worth ten bucks if you own a band saw.

Jason White
08-30-2009, 8:29 AM
Thanks for the kind PM offers, folks. I got the PDF from Phil.

Y'all are the best!:D

Jason

I've called several times requesting an Iturra Design (bandsaw) catalog, but they never send me one. Been trying for months.

Does somebody have an extra catalog they could send me? I don't care if it's out of date. I just want to see what all they offer.

Jason

Ben Franz
08-30-2009, 1:50 PM
I also went through a loooonggg wait after requesting the catalog twice. I finally ordered some stuff over the phone and Louis was very helpful and explained the various options for what I wanted. The order came with a catalog and a subsequent order came with another one. The stated policy is now no free catalogs. Seems a little harsh but I can understand the cost pressures on a small business so I say give him credit for what he does and the help he gives to people that call in.

I'd be happy to mail my extra copy to someone that can use it for the cost of postage - PM me if you want it, first come, first served.

Phil Thien
08-30-2009, 5:57 PM
I'd be happy to mail my extra copy to someone that can use it for the cost of postage - PM me if you want it, first come, first served.

If it is a new catalog, maybe we should scan it. The catalog we've got as a PDF is 2008. I've already received approx. 10 requests for it. It would be nice to update it to 2009.

Matt Winterowd
09-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Slightly off topic, but did they change their phone number again? The number I have from the 2008 catalog (866-883-8064) says it's no longer in service. I haven't been able to get through on the "office" number either (904-371-3998).

Dave Sweeney
09-06-2009, 3:32 PM
Slightly off topic, but did they change their phone number again? The number I have from the 2008 catalog (866-883-8064) says it's no longer in service. I haven't been able to get through on the "office" number either (904-371-3998).

Same thing here when I tried calling. When I tried a Yellow Book.com search it came back with zero results for Iturra Design in Jacksonville??? I haven't ordered from them in about a year so I hope they're still in business.

Bill Huber
09-06-2009, 8:14 PM
There is a 2005 one out there in PDF format.

I can't get the link to work but if you do a Google search on Iturra Design it is on the second page.

http://www.businessmarketinginstitute.com/tmn/iturra.pdf (http://www.businessmarketinginstitute.com/tmn/)

Matt Meiser
09-06-2009, 8:27 PM
I think this is the link Bill was going for:

http://www.businessmarketinginstitute.com/tmn/iturra.pdf

But its only 7 pages from the catalog.

Bill Huber
09-06-2009, 8:30 PM
I think this is the link Bill was going for:

http://www.businessmarketinginstitute.com/tmn/iturra.pdf

But its only 7 pages from the catalog.

That's it, thanks....

Danny Burns
09-07-2009, 3:38 PM
If it is a new catalog, maybe we should scan it. The catalog we've got as a PDF is 2008. I've already received approx. 10 requests for it. It would be nice to update it to 2009.

Wow is this ever a handy catalog. I think I will be spending some cash soon! Thanks Phil, I'll tell them that you sent me!

Would be nice to see a web site soon!

As to the cost of the catalogs, just remember that we all pay for them in the long run, so a PDF version is a lot cheaper for everyone concerned!

Ben Franz
09-07-2009, 6:13 PM
The two numbers listed by Matt were working a couple of months ago. The phone isn't answered sometimes when they are busy but the 904 number seemed to be more reliable during business hours.

Matt Winterowd
09-08-2009, 2:28 PM
Just thought I should follow up and mention that I did get through on the 904 number this morning, and Louis said he would send me a new catalog with my order. I'm happy to help get a new pdf version into circulation when it arrives.

Johnny Rowland
12-06-2014, 10:34 PM
He has the fall 2014 now for $6 call 904-642-2802