PDA

View Full Version : Vertically stored lumber moving

Harry Niemann
08-28-2009, 8:09 PM
It seems whenever I have lumber or cutoffs stored against the wall, it keeps moving away from the wall at the floor. Is this my imagination or have others noticed this problem. Is this like the moving rocks out in the desert?

glenn bradley
08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Its just the normal movement of all lumber towards my shop. Don't be concerned.

David DeCristoforo
08-28-2009, 10:41 PM
You have to slip in very quietly "after hours". Be very quiet and make sure you don't have any lights on. A full moon night is best because there is enough light for you to see what is going on and also, "other things" happen when the moon is full. You might have to stay out there for a while and stay awake! If you fall asleep you could easily miss something. So drink lots of coffee all through that day so you are plenty wired but not so much that you are all nervous and fidgety because the slightest noise or movement will ruin everything. If you have night vision goggles, so much the better. Report back and let us know what you see...

harry strasil
08-28-2009, 11:16 PM
is there a highway or RR any where near you.

Rich Neighbarger
08-29-2009, 5:53 AM
You have to slip in very quietly "after hours". Be very quiet and make sure you don't have any lights on. A full moon night is best because there is enough light for you to see what is going on and also, "other things" happen when the moon is full. You might have to stay out there for a while and stay awake! If you fall asleep you could easily miss something. So drink lots of coffee all through that day so you are plenty wired but not so much that you are all nervous and fidgety because the slightest noise or movement will ruin everything. If you have night vision goggles, so much the better. Report back and let us know what you see...

Too funny. I'm reading this at work and my boss came over to see why I was laughing so hard.