PDA

View Full Version : Who wants a $100,000 GRANT for their business???????

Steve Clarkson
08-27-2009, 10:14 PM
American Express and NBC are holding a contest called Shine-a-Light and you are invited to share an inspiring story about your business and the winner gets a $100,000 grant for marketing support.

Go to: http://shinealight.ivillage.com/ for more details.

If anyone needs a nomination for their business or an endorsement (you need 50), let me know.

I didn't sign up because to be eligible, you have to accept American Express.....which I don't.

And I don't own AMEX or NBC, nor are they paying me for this!

Bill Cunningham
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM
I wonder how many folks here 'do' accept Amex ? I don't, as a matter of fact, I kicked Mastercard out the door 6-7 years ago.. (their rates were horrible)..
I only take Visa now, + email Interac The Email interac is great, it costs the merchant nothing, and I think it costs the customer 4$ and the only thing required is both you and your customer bank on line with any major Canadian bank.. The cash is deposited directly into your account by a secure Interac link to your participating bank .. Don't know if their is anything like it in the U.S. or not.. I know I can't get U.S. funds through Interac yet, but someday... It works great for customers that don't have a credit card, and all it requires is they actually have money in the bank.. or a line of credit :rolleyes:

Bob Savage
08-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Looks cool, but the only business I have right now is the monkey one, and I only accept cash.

Stuart Orrell
08-28-2009, 2:59 AM
Why not ask the government treasury to "price match" this offer from American Express. Of course, you would have to have the ability to accept cash.

I'm sure they would if you were a bank. :)

Dan Hintz
08-28-2009, 7:16 AM
I accept AmEx (some bigger orders come in that way), but I have considered getting rid of it several times over the years. I received that email yesterday, but I can't think of anything overly special about my business other than the fact that it's still alive after all of these years... maybe in this economy that's enough? :(

Steve Clarkson
08-28-2009, 9:17 AM
I accept AmEx (some bigger orders come in that way), but I have considered getting rid of it several times over the years. I received that email yesterday, but I can't think of anything overly special about my business other than the fact that it's still alive after all of these years... maybe in this economy that's enough? :(

Actually, that's the whole point of the contest........

Michael Kowalczyk
08-31-2009, 6:59 PM
Hmmmm, I wonder if accepting Paypal qualifies since AE can be processed through them??
just thinking out loud...