PDA

View Full Version : Juniper/Elm Gloat

alex carey
08-27-2009, 10:05 PM
My friend whos been turning with me lately dropped off some wood recently, his dad is a tree trimmer.

First is juniper and second is elm, the elm had a few burls on the side.

Threw in a few pictures of my fortress of solitude. It's definitely getting cramped in there.

BTW anyone know what kind of elm it is? I know i dont have leaves but i figured id ask anyway.

alex carey
08-27-2009, 10:08 PM
other pictures

Steve Schlumpf
08-27-2009, 10:29 PM
Congrats on yet another wood score! Looks like you have everything under control! LOL All I can say at this point is to get started turning! Lots of pretty wood there! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it!

Rob Cunningham
08-28-2009, 7:48 AM
That's some nice looking wood. You seem to have a pretty good supply stashed away.
Is there a lathe buried in there somewhere?:)

Tony Greenway
08-28-2009, 8:11 AM
Alex, if you need more storage space, just bring the wood down and put it in my tractor shed. I'm always glad to offer any help to my fellow creekers.;):D

Bernie Weishapl
08-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Congrats on a nice haul Alex.

Jarrod McGehee
08-30-2009, 1:53 AM
nice stuff man. and you got a whole lot of stuff in your stash. nice haul

Jeff Nicol
08-30-2009, 6:15 AM
Alex, Nice bunch of wood to get busy on! The elm is hard to tell which one it is, without seeing more of the tree. Could be american elm or siberian elm. There are others that I am not familiar and others that are smaller here in Wisconsin. No matter looks like it will make some nice turnings!

Jeff