PDA

View Full Version : Dovetail Jig

Robert Flowers
08-27-2009, 8:15 PM
I need help i'm looking for a dovetail jig but can't remenber who makes it.
It looks like the Keller jig but cost a lot less, its only sold online by its maker.
Robert

Dell Littlefield
08-27-2009, 8:55 PM
Are you thinking of the Stots jig. It is the only one I have ever used and it works very well although somewhat limited in scope. Not expensive and a great learning tool. http://www.stots.com/

travis howe
08-27-2009, 9:09 PM
Hopefully I'm reading your question correctly...There are several out there... porter cable and leigh are probably the two bigger names... what are you wanting to do and how big? They range from $50 to $600+.

I have a smaller PC that I'm selling.

Gene Howe
08-27-2009, 10:38 PM
Keller makes one that's phenolic and cheaper, MLCS has one similar and, then there's the ChestMate by Prazi.
Gene

roman fedyk
09-01-2009, 6:42 PM
Are you thinking of the katy jig?

Robert Flowers
09-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Thanks to everyone who answered me.
It is the Stots jig, I ordered one from Rockler last thursday night and got it yesterday:)
The only trouble is not one in Macon,Ga. sales a 8 degree dovetail bit or bearing so i went to Atlanta today got the bit from Woodcraft but no bearings everybody was out so orderd two from Mlc. So i though i would just a bushing so went in the shop No mdf:mad: to build the jig. will pick some up at lunch tomorrow and hope to make it this weekend.
Robert