PDA

View Full Version : Lump Sum Gloat

Greg Tatum
09-11-2004, 2:26 AM
I went to a friends house to help her clean out her garage of some unwanted lumber left behind by her ex and, while there, I wound up helping her to clean and move the big stuff. Well, the lumber turned out to be a small piece of non descript maple and some painted trim. I think she noted my minor disapointment; she made it seam like there was woodworking material to be had(maybe it will be, the trim appears to be made from old growth Douglas Fir: small box?)...anyway, she said her ex also left some stuff in the shed and I could have it if it was any good.

Here is what I got for.......just the cost of helping her earlier :D

1. Skillsaw model 77
2. Pnuematic nailer (unknown make/model....anybody know?)
3. 4, count 'em, 4 electric motors(3 of which work just fine)
4. Craftsman lathe...still has the cobwebs on it
5. Maple burl. I wet it to show the grain....don't know what to do with it just yet.
6. Craftsman CS with chainsaw attatchment....this is very cool :cool:

I have one more but I'll save it till after I put it together(something I ordered from PSI)

I went ahead and did it anyway....on sale for 149.00 + 18.00 for shipping.....PSI DC and blade guard :D

I did give her some cash for the haul.....(that conscience thing inside us)

James Giordano
09-11-2004, 3:15 AM
That chainsaw thing is pretty cool and that lumpy chunk o' wood looks like it has some potential.
The initial disappointment probrably made the happy ending all that much sweeter.:D

Tyler Howell
09-11-2004, 8:28 AM
Big Score Greg. Reminds me of the Woman that sold her cheating X's Porche for $$300.00:D :D

Dick Parr
09-11-2004, 8:57 AM
Very nice haul Greg. I too have been looking at that PSI Overarm Guard. Let us know what you think of it.

Steve Clardy
09-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Nice haul Greg.
I like that burl.
That saw with chainsaw bar is a beam cutter, used by log home builders, etc.
I have a round tube craftsman lathe just like that one.
That nail gun is a Duo-Fast. Good heavy guns, used by framers and pallet makers. Kind of hard to get nails for them around here.

Steve

Jim Becker
09-11-2004, 10:40 AM
The burl is worth the whole haul, Greg! But I have to say, that circular saw with the chain saw attachment is VERY SCARY looking!