PDA

View Full Version : Got a Hilti 267-E saw, interesting behavior...

Walter McNeil
08-27-2009, 2:59 PM
Got a Hilti 267-E on ebay a couple of days ago and played around with it a little. The behavior of the electric brake is something I have not seen before.
There is a power switch lockout button on top of the handle that you must depress with your thumb, before you can engage the power switch with your index finger.
When you release the power switch, it cuts the power, of course, but electric brake does not engage immediately.
The electric brake is engages when you release the power lockout button with your thumb.
So you can let it spen down slowly if you want, or stop it with the brake.
Overall seems very nice. The parts are very intricate, maybe a little delicate though.
The variable speed is kind of cool.
I had planned to put the ez base on it, but I have since learned that the hilti can use festool rails, so I might get one to keep the depth of cut.
Walter

Paul Greathouse
08-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Walter

I don't know how deep your wanting to be able to cut but you can cut through 2X lumber with the Hilti 267E on an EZ base. I have had one for about 3 years now. I have it attaced to a vacuum hose at my smart table and I have a Makita on my PBB.

The Hilti has been a great saw. I use mine mostly for breaking down cabinet grade plywood and striaght lining rough stock before running it through the jointer.

It does spin slower than most sidewinders and it is fairly noisy during normal operation. It was meant mostly for finish/cabinet type work rather than rough framing. As physically big as it is, its suprisingly lightwieght. In case you didn't know, Hilti did produce rails for the saw but as far as I know the saw and rails have been discontinued.

If you ever decide to sell the saw, PM me, I would be interested in buying it.

Got a Hilti 267-E on ebay a couple of days ago and played around with it a little. The behavior of the electric brake is something I have not seen before.
There is a power switch lockout button on top of the handle that you must depress with your thumb, before you can engage the power switch with your index finger.
When you release the power switch, it cuts the power, of course, but electric brake does not engage immediately.
The electric brake is engages when you release the power lockout button with your thumb.
So you can let it spen down slowly if you want, or stop it with the brake.
Overall seems very nice. The parts are very intricate, maybe a little delicate though.
The variable speed is kind of cool.
I had planned to put the ez base on it, but I have since learned that the hilti can use festool rails, so I might get one to keep the depth of cut.
Walter