PDA

View Full Version : Marcou Plane ORDERED!

fred west1
08-26-2009, 3:24 PM
I wanted to thank all of you for your help. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the S20A smoother as well as the three mini planes below. The plane on the left is a rebate/shoulder, the middle one is a low angle block plane and the one on the right is a mini smoother.

I am very much like a kid waiting for Christmas morning so that my presents get here and I can open them. If I receive them in time I plan on bringing the Marcou planes to the October Woodworking in America show.

Fred

John Schreiber
08-26-2009, 7:10 PM
Wow. I wish I were you. At least as far as planes go.

fred west1
08-26-2009, 7:24 PM
Wow. I wish I were you. At least as far as planes go.

John,

I would like to be me too only holding the planes instead of looking at them.:D:D. Thank you however and rest assured that being me with the planes is the only way you would want to be me.

Fred

Doug Shepard
08-26-2009, 7:44 PM
Man that is some serious bling. We're going to want to see some pics of those with big fluffly curls spilling out. Congratulations.

John Keeton
08-26-2009, 8:22 PM
Every time I look at those, I get this flash of fear, and a mental image of me dropping one of those on my concrete shop floor:eek::eek::eek:

Man, those things are purrrttteeeee!!!

David Christopher
08-26-2009, 8:32 PM
Every time I look at those, I get this flash of fear, and a mental image of me dropping one of those on my concrete shop floor:eek::eek::eek:

John, I can see a few of those in your future..LOL

those are beautiful planes

Doug Shepard
08-26-2009, 8:52 PM

I dont know what the Marcou's weigh but I've got a couple of Brese infills that are pretty darn heavy. I cant tell you how many times that same flash of fear has crossed my mind.:eek:

dan grant
08-26-2009, 9:05 PM
let me be the first YOU SUUUUCK but post pics when they are in your hands

george wilson
08-26-2009, 11:14 PM
Dunno,the cap irons seem pretty flimsey.

fred west1
08-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Man that is some serious bling. We're going to want to see some pics of those with big fluffly curls spilling out. Congratulations.

Doug,

Rest assured that you will see mounds of big fluffy curls. :D:D

Fred

fred west1
08-26-2009, 11:58 PM

John,

I cannot thank you enough for putting that image in my head. :eek::D I have a concrete floor in my shop as well but right in front of my bench I have 3'x 6' rubber mat that is 5/8" thick. In addition I bought a few of those wooden faced magnet strips from Lie-Nielsen and have about 20 of my planes hanging from those. Because I have that image and strangely even before you said anything :rolleyes: so I have very thick towels underneath just in case any of my Lie-Nielsen's fall.

Fred

fred west1
08-27-2009, 12:03 AM
I dont know what the Marcou's weigh but I've got a couple of Brese infills that are pretty darn heavy. I cant tell you how many times that same flash of fear has crossed my mind.:eek:

Doug,

Those Ron Brese infills are gorgeous. The S20A smoother that I am getting from Philip is 8.8lbs.It is a monster smoother and I cannot wait to get it and test it out. :D:D Just think of this, the sole is 8mm thick and each side is 6mm. I do not think I could wear that sole out in four lifetimes. :eek:

Which of the Brese Infills do you have and do you have their pictures posted somewhere? Ron and Philip are very good friends.

Fred

fred west1
08-27-2009, 12:07 AM
let me be the first YOU SUUUUCK but post pics when they are in your hands

is readily accepted and even appreciated. It will probably be the end of September before I get the planes as they are all being made now but I will post pics as soon as I have them in my grubby little hands. :D:D

George, I am sure you are correct about the cap iron being quite flimsy but until Philip makes a a really solid one, well I will just have to make due. :D:D

Fred

Jim Koepke
08-27-2009, 12:49 AM

I wish I could afford such niceties. If I could afford them, I could also afford a nice layer of mats all around the shop.

jim

fred west1
08-27-2009, 12:55 AM
I wish I could afford such niceties. If I could afford them, I could also afford a nice layer of mats all around the shop.

jim

Jim,

I wish I had maps all around my shop. Unfortunately it is only in front of my bench. Too many planes, I think so I can't afford more mats. :D:D

Fred

Doug Shepard
08-27-2009, 5:19 AM
Which of the Brese Infills do you have and do you have their pictures posted somewhere? Ron and Philip are very good friends.

Fred

These two
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=83480
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=936909

fred west1
08-27-2009, 3:58 PM
These two
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=83480
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=936909

Doug,

Those are some really gorgeous planes and I love that Paua Abalone. They both look as if they have some heft to them. Do you by any chance know they weight of each of them? Also, that is a beautiful dog. :D Having three of my own dogs I am a sucker for them. :D

Fred

Doug Shepard
08-27-2009, 6:23 PM
Well I did know the weight at one time but I've forgotten on both. I'd have to find some small scales at this point.
China is quite the cutie. I cant get around the block without at least a couple kids trotting out wanting to pet her on her walks. I got real lucky with that one. Her temperament is a great as she looks.