PDA

View Full Version : Verify the height of Grizzly G0513X2 17" Bandsaw

Brian Effinger
08-26-2009, 1:31 PM
Hi,

Would someone who has this saw be able to verify the overall height of it? The website has it listed as 80", while the nearly identical G0513 is 74", so I am not sure if it is correct. I'm thinking about purchasing it, but it will end up in my basement which has low headroom.
Thanks for the help everyone. :)

Brian

Gary McKown
08-26-2009, 2:59 PM
The data sheet has the machine itself at 73" high and the packing crate at 81", same as the 0513X. I know I had to remove the top crate slats to get it underneath my garage door, even using a very low pallet jack.

I can actually measure tonight if need be. It is a great saw, BTW - just get some good blades.

Brian Effinger
08-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Thanks Gary. :) I pulled the trigger and ordered it. I had actually wanted the G0555x, but they are out of stock until sometime in October. With MS cashback at 15% (the highest since the beginning of the year) I decided to upgrade and spend a couple hundred more for this one. This 400# beast should be fun getting down the stairs.

Brian

Ohh, and there will be a proper gloat with pictures and all, probably Monday. :)

Gary McKown
08-26-2009, 10:05 PM
O.K., I measured. From the absolute bottom of the base to the absolute top (minus the lift ring, which is removeable) looks like 73½" or maybe a little less. Top height including mobile base (Shop Fox with added 3/4" plywood floor) is a little less than 76".

HTH.

Gary McKown
08-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Sorry, Brian, didn't notice your later post until now. I didn't need to get the machine down stairs, but this might help. I removed all pieces of the crate except the "pallet" base, removed the separately packed table and hardware, and even unbolted the heavy trunnions. I and another guy then tipped it over onto its back on a heavy-duty furniture dolly, he stabilizing it while I wheeled it up over a 6" ledge from the garage into my basement shop. (I don't think removing the trunnions was necessary in this case. Leaving the pallet base on there probably wasn't necessary, either).

In the shop, we removed the pallet base and tilted the beast up directly onto the mobile base. What I had over-engineered turned out to be easy as pie.

If you and a helper have a "crawler" type furniture mover, getting it down stairs shouldn't be too difficult.

And, I salvaged virtually every piece of the crate. Not choice wood, but definitely free.

Brian Effinger
08-27-2009, 8:26 AM
Thanks for the info Gary. I'm not too worried about the stairs. My nephew & I managed to get a granite topped table saw into the basement, and that was wider and at least 50# heavier. I am contemplating getting lift gate service for $32. I could pick it up in my truck, but getting it down is the heavy part.