PDA

View Full Version : Ted Kennedy

Mitchell Andrus
08-26-2009, 8:17 AM
An era in our country's history has come to a close.

God's speed, Mr. Kennedy.

Brent Leonard
08-26-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm beside myself over his death. The end of an era (Camelot).

His story is one that, to me, is a truly great American story. The tragedy, personal demons, overcoming those demons, defeat, success, more loss, and in the end, a great American. History will remember him as perhaps the most effective and influential politicians of the 20th century.

Mike Henderson
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
There's an old, but valid, saying, "Don't speak ill of the dead.

Mike

Matt Meiser
08-26-2009, 12:15 PM
Its sad that a man died, but end of an era? Last I checked there are still a lot of rich career politicians left in both parties.

Greg Peterson
08-26-2009, 1:04 PM
His story is one that, to me, is a truly great American story. The tragedy, personal demons, overcoming those demons, defeat, success, more loss, and in the end, a great American. History will remember him as perhaps the most effective and influential politicians of the 20th century.

Well said.

A champion of us mere 'common people'. Rather than not give back to a nation that provided amply for his family, he chose to serve.

Many a rich man has been born on third base and thought they hit a triple. Kennedy was not one of those men.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-26-2009, 1:18 PM
Folks,

This thread will be shut down in a hurry if any form of political statements or commentary are made.

It is already borderline and I could justify closing it now.

I don't care what your political flavor is...the guy served in the Legislative branch of govenment long enough to make him the 3rd longest serving senator.

The man died. If you want to show a little respect....fine.

If you use it to make political commentary...one flavor or the other....we will edit it for a short period of time and then just close the thread.

Please show a little restraint.

Political comments, opinions etc are against the TOSs.

Rant off............

Brent Leonard
08-26-2009, 1:22 PM
Absolutely the end of an era. Many of us Americans that are not of the 60's generation, see the Kennedy's as a SYMBOL of that era. Perhaps the defining family (the brothers) of that era.

So most certainly, an ERA (the last of the four brothers) has died today.