PDA

View Full Version : my first project pic

James Giordano
09-10-2004, 5:51 PM
I made this about a year ago. It is Soft maple ,cherry stain and poly. The pictures suck but it's what I have. This was my first woodworking project.Not much but I was pretty psyched about it at the time.
:)

Dick Parr
09-10-2004, 6:00 PM
Looks good James and it seems to hold alot of stuff. That's what there for.

Nice job.

Tyler Howell
09-10-2004, 6:00 PM
Nice Start Evil Santa' What DVDs do you wanna Swap??;)

Dale Thompson
09-10-2004, 9:04 PM
James,
Nice looking unit and a GREAT utilization of space!

Just a thought. I'm a bit technologically challenged. Would you consider trading some DVDs for a collection of slightly used 8-tracks? ;)

We're looking forward to pics of your next project. Thanks for posting the first ones. :)

Dale T.

Jim Ketron
09-10-2004, 10:41 PM
Great Job!!

Looks like you put it to good use!:eek: That thing is full
Jim

Kirk (KC) Constable
09-11-2004, 1:13 AM
Of course you were psyched...we all are about our first projects. :)

A couple bookcases were the first 'real' furniture I made, too. Keep 'em coming.

KC

Ken Fitzgerald
09-11-2004, 11:15 AM
James....nice book cases! My very first project was a book case. Dadoed the shelves using my CS....1/8" at a time.......case made from 3/4" plywood. Keep those pictures coming!

James Giordano
09-11-2004, 2:50 PM
Ken, I made the dadoes and rabbits with my table saw. I like to do it that way.I don't have a dado blade so I just repeat the kerf. I tried to do it with the router once and that was a not a pretty thing so I think I stisk to doing it with the ts,I think they come out great.
I used a piece of luan rabbitted into the back but otherwise it's solid.
I get a lot of my lumber for free, I work in a sawmill and I think you guys might be surprised(maybe even offended) at the lumber that is wasted or ground up and burned in the boilers.:eek:

Jim Becker
09-11-2004, 6:41 PM
Real nice work, James. Well stocked shelves, too!! :D