PDA

View Full Version : Re-Charge Cost

Nigel Morgan
08-25-2009, 9:05 PM
Hello,

What is the curent cost for a re-charge, epilog helix 45W, I'll get an answer quicker here due to the time factor.

Frank Corker
08-26-2009, 6:34 AM
Nigel I really think you should be contacting your local Epilog dealer regarding this question

Nigel Morgan
08-26-2009, 5:27 PM
Hi Frank,

Have done so today, been hanging on for the exchange rate to improve.

Bob Davis
08-27-2009, 7:39 AM
Actually I think that it's quite reasonable to throw up an open question like this on such a forum.
Isolated places such as South Africa, Western Australia and certainly New Zealand don't have the market forces that exist in Europe or the US that ensure a competitive price for exotic items like laser tubes. This can lead to prices being dictated by distributors, and the results would make your eyes water. If you don't know what others are paying how can you judge whether or not to look for other alternatives?
A completely off-topic example of this was my new set of Ping golf clubs.
The best quote I could arrange locally was Aus $1600 for 10 irons. I imported a set from the US for under A$1k delivered. I like local businesses, but I don't like them that much...

Joe Pelonio
08-27-2009, 8:03 AM
I can't speak for the Helix, but my 45 watt Epilog Legend tube was $2,300 US the first two times, and has since dropped to $1,100. I was told they do not "recharge" them but rather only sell you a new one.

Frank Corker
08-27-2009, 8:51 AM
Actually I think that it's quite reasonable to throw up an open question like this on such a forum...

I didn't think it was unreasonable and most certainly not criticising him for his post, I just felt that it was a quicker question to ask his dealer directly, after all they make them. Had he said I'm able to get a replacement for $10.99 can anyone beat that? I'd never had answered.

Nigel Morgan
08-27-2009, 7:06 PM
Hi All,

I do remember Joe saying in some previous thread that the price had dropped a lot, I previously lived in Wales and The Netherlands, now in New Zealand, I would say 99% of everything here being imported people seem to just mark the prices up a great deal, I'm in need of a new cutting table (honeycombe) the price here is $500.00 NZ, 1 lens and 1 mirror recently cost me $513.54 NZ.

Cheers

Nigel

Joe Pelonio
08-27-2009, 8:54 PM
YIKES! I got a honeycomb from Epilog for under $40.

Keith Outten
08-28-2009, 6:09 AM
I believe I paid $1,200.00 for my Epilog Legend 24/35 watt laser tube rebuild a few years ago. Epilog charged me $600.00 for my vector cutting table when I bought the machine, I thought the price was extremely high at the time...and it was. The last vector table I purchased was one from Mike Null that works really well and it was very affordable.

Stephen Beckham
08-28-2009, 1:13 PM
I just quoted my Mini 24's 45 Watt tube. It's $1300s now if you have them send you the tube first with a refundable $2000 deposit till you return your tube.

Or... It could be closer to $1100 if you send your tube in (and be down) until you get the replacement.

So it depends if you would loose $200 worth of work over three days waiting for the tube or just pay the core charge and deposit.

Of course - that's for the mini - not sure if the helix would be different...

Bill Cunningham
08-30-2009, 8:42 PM
Epilog just needs a credit card # for the core charge. They did not charge my card for the core, but I would assume if after the return period was up and they had not received the old tube they would charge the card and rightly so. So, your 'really' only looking at the cost of the tube and not the core charge if you plan on sending it back.. I got mine by overnight express, and returned the old one via Priority post insured. I sent them a message and tracking number when I mailed it, and it took about 8 days to get to them. There was never a charge on my card for the core..