PDA

View Full Version : Repair Milwaukee Hand Drill?

drew hutchinson
08-25-2009, 8:34 PM
I have a Milwaukee Hand Impact Drill that is about 6 or 8 years old. The top part of the chuck just broke off. The rest of it is still fine.

Is this something that I can get parts for and repair or should I just chuck it?

David G Baker
08-25-2009, 11:01 PM
The Borgs carry replacement chucks, don't know if they have one that will fit your drill. Milwaukee makes good products and in my opinion well worth fixing if the rest of the of the drill is working okay.
I have replaced several chucks over the years. Threads on the screw holding the chuck on may be a left hand thread. "righty tighty-lefty loosey" it may also be an allen head screw.

Rick Lizek
08-26-2009, 5:35 AM
Fix it. Borg is limited on chuck choices. Enco, Wholesale Tool, Mcmaster are better choices.

Dustin Lorenz
08-26-2009, 7:37 AM
You called it an impact drill so does it take 1/4" hex style bits or is it a real chuck? If it takes the 1/4" hex bits that just slide in you could go right to milwaukee's site they have a section to look up parts but you need to be able to read catalog/serial # off of the tool. You can also check the msrp in another section to see if it is worth it to you. Remember that milwaukee has upgrade to mainly lithium and the older models with Nicd are no longer manufactured, however they do produce/stock replacement parts for at least 5 years when they do a change like that. This might be a good time (excuse to the wife ;)) to consider an upgrade if you have to replace the hole nose section if it does take the 1/4" hex bits. If it is a regular chuck there might be a screw down in side that is usually a T25 torx. I am not affiliated with Milwaukee I just happen to be the maintenance guyat a fabrication facility that uses all Milwaukee hand tools. So in the future if anyone needs info on them just pm me I have plenty of old and new files on hand and there coming home with me. They just announced last week they are closing our doors in a couple of months. Got to love working at the smallest facility a big company owns, you just know it is a matter of time. :(

drew hutchinson
08-26-2009, 10:31 AM
I am going to look into fixing it - hopefully cheaper and better for the environment!