PDA

View Full Version : Switching Between Rotary and Flat Modes

Jon Ruth
08-25-2009, 7:58 PM
Hello,

We ran the rotary fixture in our Accuris AL35S for the first time on Monday. It took a while to get the hang of it, but we got it to work with CorelDraw X4 vector drawings.

Today, we switched back to flat cutting and found an offset/scaling problem. A CorelDraw X4 vector file that cut ok last week is shifted by about 1/4 inch in both the +x and +y directions (i.e. away from the origin). Measuring the offset and correcting the drawing for the shift did not eliminate the offset, it only changed it; hence my suspicion of a scaling problem.

I'm fresh out of ideas of where to look for incorrect settings in CorelDraw or the printer driver, and so I invite your suggestions.

We're using the ILS-3NM driver (v 1.49) that came with the unit, and we unchecked the "Material Setup" box on the "Page" tab of the "Printer Properties" window to put the system back in "flat mode." The mechanicals of the Accuris are good and clean. We've power cycled the Accuris and rebooted the PC.

The CorelDraw vector file that used to work does *not* use a page size of 25.984in x 19.488in, the Accuris default. Instead, the operator who created it uses the "Image Position and Size" feature of the Print window to position his drawing on the substrate. This has worked before.

Thanks you for your time.