PDA

View Full Version : How far back are posts archived/searchable?

Randal Stevenson
08-25-2009, 3:47 PM
I was trying to find a post I made, dealing with different sites and searching CL. I believe this was in the 2006 timeframe, but checking my name and all posts, I don't see it (only goes into 2008).

How far back is accessable?

Matt Meiser
08-25-2009, 4:27 PM
Pretty far back: Thread #57 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=57) was the oldest I could find. By comparison, this is thread 119020.

But I think searches, including viewing all of a person's posts are limited to 500 results. Or its possible the thread was moderated.

Steve Schlumpf
08-25-2009, 5:47 PM
Randal - I pulled up my personal stats out of curiosity to find out how far back things went. Found that Matt's right about actual Posts being limited to 500 but found every thread that I had started was still available for viewing. Don't know if that helps you or not ....... but I learned something!

Keith Outten
08-25-2009, 10:45 PM
I was trying to find a post I made, dealing with different sites and searching CL. I believe this was in the 2006 timeframe, but checking my name and all posts, I don't see it (only goes into 2008).

How far back is accessable?

Randal,

Every thread and post in our woodworking forums are available here all the way back to thread number 1 with a few exceptions:

There are some threads that have been removed from public viewing for various reasons.
The Classifieds and Deals and Discounts Forum threads are deleted after about 60 days.
During the first week we went online in 2003 I made a huge mistake in our back office and dumped a bunch of threads inadvertently. I still have egg on my face for that mistake but I have learned to be more careful and we have a daily back-up now.

From the bottom of the main page you can see our thread and post counts as of today:
Threads: 106,477, Posts: 1,160,955
Of the 106,477 active threads all of them are available to you except those that have been moved to our Moderators Forum.

Randal Stevenson
08-26-2009, 1:21 AM
Thanks Kieth.

I finally found one of the posts I was looking for (same time frame if I remember correctly), and it was from 2007. I didn't find it, due to there was originally a spelling error, and searching with the correct spelling wouldn't find it.
The other (dealing more with other CL multiple search sites) is gone. I originally tried to find it via another was (since search didn't work), by clicking my username and show all posts (that was where I saw they only went back to 2008 and 20 pages). I have a feeling it was a deals and discounts post (someone found something and asked how to search CL, if I remember correctly).