PDA

View Full Version : Epilog 24 Table weight limits

Stephen Beckham
08-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Anyone know off the top of their head how much our weight limit is on the table, I can't remember and can't find it in the book - if I only knew how to read or they had more pictures....

Thanks in advance....

Oh - why? Got a fella with a 15" X 17" piece of 3/4 steel he wants me to CERMARK - it weights ~42 pounds...

Peck Sidara
08-25-2009, 10:34 AM
Steve,

For the Mini24, drive weight is 25lbs. Support weight using table cross bar, vector grid & steel task plate, you're looking at about 50lbs.

With that being said, your Mini24 will support the 42lb peice. Try to gauge the focus as best as you can, so you don't have to drive the table up and down. Use manual focus and if your system has the front drop down door, assist the table up by hand while focusing. HTH.

Stephen Beckham
08-25-2009, 11:24 AM
Spot on Peck - you answered my first question and then without being prompted, you answered what would be my next question - could I prop or support it to hold the extra weight.

I do have an older unit that allows the front panel to come off so that's not a problem either... Thanks - take care...

Steve

Dave Johnson29
08-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Stephen,

I would use a piece of wood the same thickness as the steel to set focus then swap the steel in. Assisting "up" by hand does not sound like a good plan to me. Asking for a burned out motor as they say 25lb for good reason.

Stephen Beckham
08-25-2009, 1:15 PM
Dave,

That's kinda how I envisioned it as well.

I think my next step is to try and find a guy closer to this fella - anyone know of a laser engraver in or near Corpus Christi (since our list is gone)? I'm not a rocket scientist, but shipping aluminum parts to me won't be bad, shipping a couple hundred pounds to me might get quite costly for him.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steve