PDA

View Full Version : MLCS Fast Joint System

ROY DICK
08-25-2009, 8:06 AM
My wife saw this on the catalog, then she watched the video.
And wants me to make some boxes for Christmas.
So I am requesting any reviews if you have used this System.
Thank you for your time.

Roy

Jim Rimmer
08-25-2009, 1:22 PM
Was there supposed to be a link?

Eli Johnson
08-25-2009, 3:14 PM
Here is a link...video as bottom of page:

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/smarthtml/pages/fast_joint_system.html

That looks great, may have to get rid of my PC dovetail jig and get one of these setups depending on reviews.

Nice find

ROY DICK
08-25-2009, 6:35 PM
Eli,
Thanks for posting the link, minor flaw on my part.
Guess I'll find out in the next couple of weeks, I will order it tomorrow after talking to Chris at MLCS tomorrow.
MLSC on google would be the place to start, then do a little searching on your own.

Roy

Bill White
08-25-2009, 6:57 PM
Well ain't that cute. Tacky but cute. :eek:
I think I'll stay with dovetails. OK, I'm an old f--t.
Bill

Joe Spear
08-25-2009, 8:39 PM
That looks just like the set I got from Timberland in February at the Boston woodworkers show. It's not tacky at all.

fRED mCnEILL
08-26-2009, 12:32 AM
I have a setup from Timberline that is identical. Either MCLS stole the design or timberline sold out.

Fred Mc.

Mike Henderson
08-26-2009, 12:47 AM
I have a setup from Timberline that is identical. Either MCLS stole the design or timberline sold out.

Fred Mc.
There's a third option. Often a company will provide a product to a second company in "OEM" form. That means they make it but put the other company's name on it. Very common thing to do.

The second company may have better channels to sell the product but want to mark it with their brand because that's what they use in their channels. Customers would be confused by a different brand.

The first company makes money on the sale to the second company. The second company commits to take a significant volume of the product.

Mike

[For example, Mitutoyo makes double squares for Lee Valley. If you hold a LV and a Mitutoyo double square side by side, they're identical except for the names on them. That's an example of an OEM relationship.]