PDA

View Full Version : Cool video of clear plastic Pentz/Morgano cyclone at work

nic obie
09-10-2004, 2:13 PM
I found this at another site and thought some here might enjoy it.

http://www.syblescreativeart.com/clearvue/index.html

Just think Chris, If you would have waited a bit you could be the proud owner of a plexiglass cyclone and not have had to do all that work you did on that plain jane metal one. ;)

Jack Diemer
09-10-2004, 2:23 PM
:cool: That is seriously cool to watch, they should sell those blast gates as well, virtually a zero footprint blast gate.

This looks like a much easier way to do this than building it from scratch. Imagine building a cyclone without a hundred little cuts on your fingers. ahhhh!!!

John Miliunas
09-10-2004, 2:29 PM
Hey Nic, thanks! I went, I saw and yes, I enjoyed! That Bill Pentz character has dedicated an awful lot of time and energy to the subject of dust collection and it shows. This time, it "shows" quite literally! :D :rolleyes:

Chris Padilla
09-10-2004, 2:35 PM
Plexiglass?? Plexiglass is for wimps!! :D hehehe

That is pretty darn cool. I wonder what the cost was for it compared to steel? Plexiglass ain't cheap but that is darn, darn cool.

Jack Diemer
09-10-2004, 2:37 PM
Just noticed something. You would have to take extra precaution if you were to mount the motor/blower on top of that. I am guessing you would have to mount the motor/blower to something, then slide on the cyclone under it. It would still work, but probably should have some kind of warning. You wouldn't want to crack the glass. I bet its fun to watch a couple of screws go through the cyclone. I also bet its noisier. Don't ask me why, but we put in a soft tar paper type landing pad to deaden some of the noise. Can't do that if you want to see the dust from the outside. Did I mention how cool this was. I would make saw dust just for an excuse to watch it go through the cyclone. Maybe they will come out with a line of clear 6 in duct as well.

Scott Coffelt
09-10-2004, 4:20 PM
Jack, that was a piece of 1/16" thick rubber, but close enough.

Now, that is the coolest cyclone I have ever seen.Talk about creative. Too bad I already have the Dust Eliminator, or I would be all over that one.

Ed Morgano
09-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new here, but I'd like to make a couple of corrections to the thread. First, it should read Pentz/Morgano cyclone. (I'm Morgano and this was my idea :) Second, the cyclone is made from a High Impact clear plastic called PETG. It's sort of a cross between Plexiglas and Lexan - Strong, Scratch resistant, Flexiable-the best of both

nic obie
09-11-2004, 1:55 PM
Hi guys,
I'm new here, but I'd like to make a couple of corrections to the thread. First, it should read Pentz/Morgano cyclone. (I'm Morgano and this was my idea :) Second, the cyclone is made from a High Impact clear plastic called PETG. It's sort of a cross between Plexiglas and Lexan - Strong, Scratch resistant, Flexiable-the best of both

Oops! I stand corrected. If it was possible to change the thread title I would.

Moderator notice: I changed the title -- Ken
BTW, I like your cyclone. Hope you sell a ton of them.

Jim O'Dell
09-11-2004, 9:50 PM
Hi!
What video player do you have to have to see this thing in action? All I get is a seriously long page of code. Thanks! Jim

Jason Roehl
09-12-2004, 2:13 AM
Hi!
What video player do you have to have to see this thing in action? All I get is a seriously long page of code. Thanks! Jim
It didn't work for me in NS 7.1, but worked just fine in IE (XPsp2).

Jim O'Dell
09-12-2004, 9:49 AM
It didn't work for me in NS 7.1, but worked just fine in IE (XPsp2).
Thanks Jason. I'll try from IE. Jim

Frank Pellow
09-12-2004, 10:33 AM
Now that is neat! It really does look like a cyclone.