PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
08-24-2009, 10:05 AM
24 Aug 2009

Good Morning,
It's been a whirlwind of a week or past 2 weeks really for us. The wedding gift for a friend of ours was 2 weeks back and then it was getting ready for a baby shower for another friend of ours for this past weekend. Now the LOML is not feeling well and has some symptoms of the flu.

No woodworking for me this past weekend, just work at the day job and helping around the house getting things ready for the baby shower.
Now that all that is done, it's time for some "take it easy" time and see if we can get the LOML on the mend.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past woodworking or not, weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-24-2009, 10:12 AM
Worked late Friday evening.

I rushed home and we managed to hurry to a Little Rivers Band concert. While they were okay, the warm up band was better. We left this concert 1 hour before it was over.

Saturday I continued testing different grouts for the shower I finished tiling last week.

Satuday night.....Mark Farner, one of the original members of Grand Funk Railroad concert. Wow! The old guy was still funking out! He must have wore paths in the front edge of the concrete band shell as the moved back and forth across the stage all night long. He was as good today as he was 40 years ago. If you check his biography and Grand Funk history, he wrote or co-wrote a lot of their popular songs. My one complaint...I paid to hear him play music not spout his political views. Musically he's still got it!

Sunday, continued on the grout testing ...removal....sealing stone mosiac tiles....

Matt Meiser
08-24-2009, 10:12 AM
We took Friday off to head over to Pittsburgh for my brother's wedding. Luckily the weather cleared up and didn't get hot since it was an outdoor ceremony. Saturday morning we headed back home. When we got home I assembled several cabinet boxes and burnt about 1-1/2 55 gallon drums of scrap wood. It was kind of like an archeological dig--layers of various species from different projects. :) Sunday I spent the whole day building cabinet boxes and burned some pallets and crating that have been sitting out behind my shop since winter.

harry strasil
08-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Matt, you should box the different spieces of scraps in small cardboard boxes and offer them at a reasonable price to knife makers for use as scales, no need to let good money go up in smoke. LOL

I spent a part of Saturday cutting material for holdfasts, watching the parade at the local festival and gathering up goodies to take to a WWing Guild meeting Sunday 125 miles away.

Sunday, we left early for the meeting in KC and I dropped LOML off at the female DayCare Center, (JoAnn's) not far from the meeting location and then went to the meeting. It was an enjoyable weekend for both of us.