PDA

View Full Version : Shop update....sorta

Ken Fitzgerald
09-10-2004, 12:39 AM
The contractor finished his part in building my new shop in July. For nearly 8 weeks our daily high temps were 93-105 F......too hot to be painting. Two weeks ago I rented a ditching machine to redo the sprinklers for the backyard. 3 circuits destroyed during construction. Opened the ditches...we hadn't had rain since it stopped construction in May.....you guessed it. Rained daily for about 10 days. Finally on Labor Day weekend I started installing the sprinklers...took this week off. Finished filling the ditches yesterday....washed the shop exterior. Today I managed to get 3 exterior walls painted. Tomorrow, the 4th wall and start the second coat. Wife dropped a bomb on me a few minutes ago. Weather forecast has changed. Now supposed to start raining on Saturday! I have to get this thing painted before October when cold weather starts coming. I've got two MR scanners to install, an Fluroscopy room and a rad room before mid-October. Once I get the outside painted (2 coats) then electrical, insulation and gas heat. I think I can...I think I can.....I think I can.... :(

Rich Konopka
09-10-2004, 6:39 AM
Ken:

We know you can, We know you can !!!

Godd Luck !!

Looking forward to more Pics

Jim Becker
09-10-2004, 9:11 AM
I've got two MR scanners to install, an Fluroscopy room and a rad room before mid-October.
We can only hope these things are NOT going into your shop...:eek: :D (Thanks for the update!!)

Ken Fitzgerald
09-10-2004, 9:28 AM
Jim......I've worked out of my home......"home office" for 28 years......I won't, however, be bringing work home with me! :D

Jim Becker
09-10-2004, 9:34 AM
Good thing, Ken...the electrical requirements along would black out the neighborhood! :D

Ken Fitzgerald
09-10-2004, 9:43 AM
It would put 3 phase power a lot closer to my neighborhood! :rolleyes:

Michael Stafford
09-10-2004, 2:08 PM
Don't you just hate it when our work interferes with our hobby?

John Miliunas
09-10-2004, 2:32 PM
Don't you just hate it when our work interferes with our hobby?

No truer words ever spoken, Mike! :D Best of luck to you, Ken, with getting that exterior knocked out before the weather turns! :cool:

Chris Padilla
09-10-2004, 3:08 PM
Uh, Ken, do I even have to say it?? Do I really have to ask for it??? :D

Jim Ketron
09-10-2004, 5:15 PM
I have had a few weeks like that Ken. why don't you start runing some wires inside the new shop while it's raining? Thats what I did. at least you will be getting some work accomplished while its raining. You will be in there before you know it!

Jim